new girl

Moving to California has always been one of my dreams. Yet, when it came to reality, it was nerve racking. A new start, in a new state, at a new school, with no friends. Absolutely nothing. Just me and my dad, who I will most likely barely even see.

Since my father got a new fancy job at a business company in Hollywood, we had to move from West Virginia to California. We got here about 3 days ago. And though the move is definitely exciting, I can't help but feel terribly stranded.

I have plenty to look forward to, like living by the beach like I always wanted, but that's not really my problem. California itself is no worry. What I'm really worried about are the Californians.

I was never a social butterfly, so I fear that my first few days here will be hard. Especially with my first day of school being today, I'm a petrified wreck hoping for the best. "What's on your mind, kiddo?" dad suddenly asks. "just thinking about school."

"are you nervous?" "what do you think?" i chuckle. "come on, you know you'll hit it off. you always do, even though you always think you can't" "you don't understand, it's different now." "how?" "doesn't matter, we'll just have to wait and see."

Now I tried looking the bright side but with my first day of school being tomorrow it's really tough. I have many things to look forward to, like living by the beach like I always wanted. I'm not necessarily a social butterfly, so I fear that my first few days here will be hard.

Anyways, I was in the car with my mom on my way to school. I made a 'what I want to find in this school' list; good friends, fun teachers, tasty food, a nice locker location, and cute boys. Back at my old school, I wasn't a really big fan of the boys over there.

Once we got there, I got out of the car, took a deep breath and went for the door. I stop write in front of the door to build up some confidence. I finally get the courage and plaster a smile on my face, fix my hair, and walk right in.

I got lots of stares but I just ignored them. I was new and everyone had the right to stare. I was looking for the office when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and it was a cute, skinny girl with long brown hair.

"Hi, you must be new. I'm Jessie." she puts out her hand for me to shake and I do politely. "Hey, I'm Y/N. Would you mind helping me find the office?" "Yeah, sure. Follow me."

"So, tell me about you." she says as we're walking to the office. "Well, I moved here from Florida cause my dad got a new job." I reply, I didn't know what exactly she wanted to know.

"Oooo, Florida! I gotta ask, are you dating anyone from there?" she curiously ask. "No, my boyfriend broke up with me before I left, two weeks ago specifically, it's that 'I can't do long distance' excuse." I mumble, "Oh, I'm sorry." "It's okay."

After walking for a while we finally reached the office. "Thank you Jessie." I state. "No problem. I wanted to ask you, would you like to sit with me at lunch? It's just gonna be me and my 2 other friends, Kylie and Tom." she questions. "Yeah, sure." I answer.

"Well, I'll wait for you right here and I'll walk you to your locker, where I'll meet you right before lunch so you don't get lost." "Okay." I said and went into the office.Minutes later I got out. "So which locker did you get?" Jessie utters. "362."

She walked me to the locker. We exchanged numbers in case I need any help and she told me what to do at lunch time. Since we still had ten minutes for class we stood by my locker and kept chatting until she shouts, "Oh my god! Timothée Chalamet is staring at you!" "Who?" 'The hottest boy in school!" "What? Where?"

I turn around to find his eyes already locked on me. And man was he hot! He was handsome! Curly hair, green eyes, and a hella sharp jawline. I fell for him right this second. He smiled and I almost fainted right there. I turn back around and gaze at Jessie! "I need to go to class bye Y/N!"

I see Timothée walking towards me and I whisper shout to Jessie to come back and help but she never does! He stand in front of me with one hand against the locker above my head, I wanted to kiss him right there!

"Hey, I'm Timothée. And you must be the new girl." he says. "Uh hii, yeah I'm Y/N." I look around and see a bunch of jealous girls glaring at us. "Would you like me to walk you to class?" he asks. "Sure!" I answer.

And that's where it all began!

- one month later -

Since then, me and Tim have been bestfriends. And of course, I crushed on him harder and harder everyday, but I kept it a secret. I also made friends with Jessica and her friends Kylie and Tom.

All my friends were Timmy's friends too, they all knew he liked me, yet he didn't show any signs and I always thought the love wasn't mutual. Til one day, when Timmy invited us all over for a sleep over, and that's where everything changed!

Me, Jessie, and Kylie shared a room while Timothée and To, shared the other. And in the middle of the night I was pushed out of the bed, Jessie was a sleep-kicker, and I decided I'd find myself a couch to sleep on.

But when I went down stairs I was surprised to see Timothée also awake on the couch.

"Couldn't sleep too?" I whisper from behind him. "No. The bed was too crowded, although it was one person with me." he chuckles. "Jessie pushed me off the bed, she's a sleep kicker. So I was locking for a couch to sleep on." I say. "Come here then, I need to talk to you about something and I think its perfect timing." he mumbles with a smirk on his face. "ohkay?" I frown my eyebrows.

We're cuddled together on the couch when Timothée clears his throught. "So... I've been keeping this for a while. I'll be straight forward. Okay, I like you Y/N." he states and I immediately gasp.

"Really? I always thought was from one side! I always kept my little crush a secret since you didn't show any signs you liked me!" I utter.

"Y/N, come on who wouldn't like a beautiful girl like you!? I knew I liked you from the moment I saw I was just scared to tell you." he continues.

"Awww, I like you too Timothée!"

"God it's such a relieve to hear that!! Anyways, since now I know you're obsessed with me..."

"I'm not obsessed with you! Who said that!?" I nudged him and chuckled.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend Y/N." he nervously asks.

"No, I don't think so, I don't actually like you it was just a prank, sorry." I joke and his smile turns upside down.

"I'm just kidding, just kidding! haha! I would love to be your girlfriend Timmy!"

And just as the words come out of my mouth he leans in and kisses me.

★★★

GUYS WE HIT 500 READS! I mean, we're going somewhere💞💞

How's quarantine everybody?

If you liked this please VOTE and COMMENT what you think.

Will post 2 times today since I haven't posted in a while.

I'm gonna start a short series of 4 or 5 parts today :), I read this story and I got inspired!

★★★