Chapter 7 - Fun Times

[Lucia]
A couple months later...

"Well this is a nice apartment and you have people close by. I think you will be fine on your own Lucia."

"Ok. What about the things we talked about?" She nods and pulls out some papers. "You are definitely getting a service dog I have a list of some you can choose from. The other thing needs to wait a while for right now it will be a lot of check-ups and evaluations. I think you'd be perfect but with your situation, they might not let you."

"I understand. I just need something good right now." She pulls out a paper with pictures of animals and stuff about them.  "This is a list of the dogs and what breed they are." I take the paper and look through it only one dog really catches my eye. It's a brown Labrador retriever, her name is Coco, and she is about 2 years old.

"Coco." She smile and nods. "Ok, I'll save Alex the stress and get Coco for you since I know you won't be calling them." I smile innocently and shrug. "I have no idea what you are talking about." She rolls her eyes and picks up all the papers stuffing them in a folder and picking up her bag. "I have another patient to meet up with. I'll call you later today with an update on Coco and the other thing." I smile a wave as she leaves.

It's good that she wants you to wait.

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts and I answer the door to see Tierna. "I thought you were at a camp?"

"Do we need to get your mind checked again the camp is here and we have a free day for team bonding so we came here."

"The whole team is here? Seriously Tierna? Do I need to take back what I said about the thing tomorrow night?"

"No, no don't be so harsh. The younger players wanted to meet you." "Sup little A-Rod" Emily says and pushes through into my apartment. I sigh and let everyone in.

"Is this the dog?" I nod and cling to Tierna's arm. You see I've been talking to the team but I haven't seen any of them in person since the accident. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

"Do you mind that I told the three A's and Tobin to come over too?" I huff and pull her into my bedroom so we can have some privacy. "T are you trying to throw a party or something?"

"Sorry but you haven't seen any of them face to face for so long. Don't you think it's time?"

"Well, I would have liked a warning at least." She nods and apologizes and we go out into the living room. When I walk out from behind T I see some people I wasn't expecting. Tobin, Christen, Kelley, Sarah (Kelley and Christen's child), Charlie (Alex and Tobins Foster kid), and HAO.

"Sarah! Charlie!" They run up in my arms and I spin around making them giggle. "Hi, aunty Lia," Sarah says as I set her and Charlie down. "Sarah your so much bigger than the pictures. We need to get Kling over here a 5-year-old might be taller than her!" Sarah and Charlie giggle and I sit on the ground talking to them completely ignoring the people around us.

"Your so silly aunty Lia." I stand up and get the children some juice from my kitchen before walking back and giving them the boxes. "Why don't you two go play in Charlie's room?" They nod and run off down the hallway. "Why don't I get a juice box." Rose whines.

"You have two working legs and I think it's pretty obvious where the kitchen is Rose." The girls around her giggle. Alex walks over to me and leans into my ear.

"You know you'd make a great mom Lucy. Even with all you've been through." I nod. "Also I was wondering if you and T could watch Charlie and Sarah tonight? Their mommy's need a little alone time."

"I'd hate to be sleeping near Kelley and Pressy's room tonight." Alex chuckles and makes her way over to Tobin. "You ok with babysitting with me tonight? Or do you have an early practice."

"Nope, tomorrow people start heading home." I nod and Emily and Lindsey come over. "So do you think you could watch Danielle to?"

"Are we running a daycare?" They beg for about 5 minutes and T asks me to shut them up. "Fine, we will. No more kids."

God, I'm whipped again already and have only been on one date with the girl.

"We can let the kids sleep in my bed and we could crash in one of the guest bedrooms?"

"Is your bed big enough?" I smirk and make sure no one will hear me. "You know that my beds big enough." I wink and she turns bright red. I turn around to see HAO, A-Rod, Carli, Kling, and Becky standing they're laughing their asses off.

"You too are sleeping together again? No wonder Lucy is so happy all the time now she's getting laid." HAO says and elbows me in the side. "Where did all you guys come from?"

"Don't question it kid. But damn your apartment is huge. You sure it's not a penthouse?" Kling says before tackling Tobin from across the room. "Watch out Kling your so old you might break a hip," Carli yells out everyone laughs and I look over to see the T is still a little red.

"No having sex while my kid is sleeping down the hall I don't want them to wake up to sex sounds," Alex warns me and I roll my eyes at Kling's big mouth.

"Yes, mom," I say sarcastically.