Chapter 17 - Hey

[Lucia]

"I taught her that," I say and my voice is raspier than usual. The rooms kinda like when they came to Utah after I tried to commit suicide. Well like I said kinda. Alex is crying while Carli is just shocked and Lily is up on the bed cuddled into me.

"I missed you mama." I see tears rolling down her face. It breaks my heart but for some reason the main thing on my mind is.

Where is Tierna?

I run my hand threw Lily's hair trying to calm her down and I hear light snores from beside me. Now that I know she's asleep I turn to Carli. "Not to be rude I love you guys but where is T?"

"I'll go find her," Alex says before standing up and kissing my head. Carli holds a cup of water with a straw in front of my face and I roll my eyes but take a few sips. "You ok kid?" I nod.

"I'm not a kid. I do have a kid though." She smiles and now it's her turn to roll her eyes. "Hope wanted to come-"

"I don't want to see her." She nods and the door opens again. What I'm sad about is that it is only Alex. But I do have to ask her a question anyways. "Where did you put my backpack?"

"Tierna kept forgetting to take it to the apartment it's in the corner." I let out a sigh of relief. "Can you open the very front pocket and check if theirs a small black box in there?" She doesn't question it and pulls the box out from the front pocket.

"Thank god." Carli is smirking at my but I ignore her. "Just put it back." She goes to put the box back and T walks in. She sees the box and doesn't seem fazed by it. Either I'm dating an airhead or she already knew about it.

"Hey." she sits in Alex's seat and takes my free hand in hers. I make a pouting face and she kisses me. "Better?" I smile and nod. "I knew about the ring. I saw the box when I was making sure nothing was stolen. Is that what you were doing on the mountain?" I nod and she sighs.

"I'm sorry." I look at her confused. "It's my fault." She mumbles so only I can hear. "No, it's not. I picked that spot and I decided to go there that day." She holds my hand a little tighter then I realize my cast is gone.

"What happened to my cast?"

"Your hands better so you don't need it." I nod and look down to Lily before back up at T. "I know this isn't the most romantic way to do this but. Will you?" Tears well up in her eyes and she kisses me.

"Yes... but when did you get the ring?"

"A couple days after we got Lily."

"Ha, I beat you I got mine the day after." I pout and turn my head away from Tierna. "Of course you two would do this." Carli and Alex shake their heads and laugh. Lily stirs beside me but goes back to sleep.

"I think we should be a little quieter," I whisper, and everyone nods. "Lily hasn't been sleeping much she wanted to be awake in case you woke up," Alex explains I sigh and look at Tierna.

"That means you got even less sleep come here." I scoot over a little bit and ignore the pain in my side and T gets up on the bed and cuddles into me being careful not to touch where I was stabbed.

Soon enough I have two sleeping girls on either side of me and then Ali and Ash walk in with Cocoa so she jumps up and lays on my legs.

I smile and greet the two before somehow petting Cocoa's head without waking anyone up.

The doctor comes in after a while and he just says that I will be able to go home in a week after they do some scans and make sure there is nothing wrong. Well, nothing wrong other than the new scars I have.

"Could I talk to the doctor alone?" Everyone nods and leaves the room except Lily who is still sleeping.

"I would have gotten lectured about this if I asked this in front of them. What are my chances of playing soccer again?"