Chapter 9 - Fights & Friends

[Lucia]

"Cool, I might have a new cousin! Will they be a baby like mama and mommy are having soon?"

"Maybe. I don't know how old they will be. They could be a baby or a teenager."

"Nice!" Charlie runs to his room probably to FaceTime Sarah and tell her so I pull out my phone to tell everyone before they find out from all the children. "Your fostering?" T questions as I hit the send button on my phone.

"Yeah. Taylor said that she's 100% sure I'm fine for new things and she supports this." She nods and grabs her phone from off the counter before walking towards the door.

"What are you doing Tierna?"

"Well, I didn't know about this before. Not even a heads up that you are planning to foster a kid. We're dating Lucia it's not just you anymore I would have liked to know that you were thinking about this."

"Why? I'm fostering the kid."

"Because we're together. I mean we're you planning on just getting a kid and hiding them from me and one day be like 'oh right Tierna here's my adopted kid I got while we were dating and hid from you? I don't know if you think of me as a booty call or something like that but I don't what to be in a relationship with someone who obviously doesn't see a future with me."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"No. God no I can't lose you yet again but I'm telling you that we're a couple and I hope that I will be around and like a parent to this kid but I don't know what you are thinking about doing because I was never told about this decision." She raises her voice slightly.

"So you do you want to be apart of this?" I say back raising my voice too.

"I just need to go for a walk. I need some space."

"Fine walk away like you always do when we get in a fight." She scoffs and leaves thankfully not slamming the door. I walk over and sit down on the couch. Coco comes over to me and puts her paw on my leg that I didn't even realize was bouncing.

"Aunty Lia? Is everything ok with you and aunty T?" I smile at him and nod wiping my face. "Yeah, everything's fine Charlie." Theirs a knock at the door and he runs over to answer it.

"Hi, mommy!"

"Hey, Charlie where's your aunt?" I hear hushed voices and I feel the couch dip next to me. "Hey, Lucy everything alright?"

"Yeah. It's fine."

"Charlie told me that you and T got into a fight."

"Yeah, it's nothing, Lex."

"Is it about the adoption thing?"

"Yep. She got pissed that I didn't tell her about it." Alex nods and stands up. "Well, I'll leave you alone in case you want to call her. You and me both know that when Tierna is going on a walk and wants to be left alone she doesn't take her phone. So text or call her and talk it out." We say our goodbyes and I sit back down on the couch.

After shooting T a text asking if she will talk I realize it's time for a work meeting thankfully it's only over Skype. So I quickly change into a shirt and joggers instead of my leggings and random hoodie belonging to Tierna while running a brush through my hair.

I join the call late and my three partners in our new company laugh at my distress and frantic shuffling in papers. "You alright there Lia?" Eve finally asks. "I'm just fine Eve and thank you KC for the funny jokes about me looking like a hobo I'm well aware."

"Ok well, we're not just your business partners we are also your best friends so spill. Why's going on in the hectic world of Lucia." Emily says.

"I didn't tell my girlfriend that I am planning on adopting a kid and now she's pissed at me."

"Damn. Wait how is that going?"

"It's good. I am at the last of the process before getting a foster child." Eve smirks. "So when it comes time can I be they one to give them the talk?"

"No, I don't need a pregnant teen or a teen getting someone pregnant Eve. Ooo maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be gay."

"Oh my lord, Lucy you are a mess." I glare at Katie through the screen and she just laughs me off. "Ok let's get down to business lady's and stop goofing-"

"Mama I want juice." I chuckle and she hold up a finger before walking off. "Ok, so we all know that Emily sucks at math so let's just start talking about the numbers while she's gone."

A/N: Eve, Katie, and Emily make their reappearance if you don't remember them go back to the early parts of My Solo. I kind of cut them out really fast and I wanted to bring them back so tada!