Chapter 19 - Mal

[Alex]

Today Lucia gets to go home finally. I'm worried about her not being able to do many things since she's still recovering but whenever I try and bring it up she just brushed me off.

Her wounds her healed while she was in a coma but she still has yet to walk more than 5 steps since she woke up.

Sure she had to go to physical therapy but she couldn't really walk.

I just hope that she's better before we have to leave for LA.

[Lucia]

I am sitting on the edge of the bed trying to get up but failing miserably. The doctor said I have to try to walk around while at home but not to much so I don't push too hard and injure myself.

After I stand up I get dizzy and have to sit back down so I don't know how I'm going to even walk out of the bedroom.

"Mommy!" I smile and turn towards the sound just in time to catch a flying Lily.

"Hey what's up?"

"Eve got me more Legos!"

"That bitch." I mumble and Lily looks at me with her head tilted. "What does Bitch mean." I stamper and try to put words together but fail miserably.

"Just- Lily- Lily do not say that word. Ok?"

"Why not?" I hear the front door open and shut and a couple seconds later Tierna is at the door frame.

"Hey, baby. Hey Lily." She says and kisses Lily's forehead. "Mama, what does bitch mean?" She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"That's a no-no word. Don't say that." She crosses her arms. "But mommy said it!"

"And mommy didn't mean to. How about you just go play in your room for a second." She leaves and T glares at me.

"What?" I ask innocently. "You know what. Why would you say bitch in front of her? I was hoping to not have this talk with her until she was at least in middle school."

"Really? T her favorite aunt is Sonnet and you really thought that?" She thinks for a second. "Your right in like two weeks max she'd probably ask what Fuck meant."

She pecks my cheek and try's to get up but I grab her wrist. "You missed a spot," I say pointing to my lips. She tries to walk away but ends up giving in any way and she kisses me but as soon as I try and deepen it she pulls away. "No making out with me until you can walk out of the bedroom by yourself."

***

I'm watching tv on the couch when theirs a knock at the door. I know anyone that I know has a key so I hobble my way to the front door using my old cane and passing objects.

"Hello?" I say while opening the door. "Mal why are you here?"

"Lucy I miss you." She says while struggling to stand up so she's obviously wasted. "Mal your drunk. Just go back to wherever you're staying please I'll call you a cab." She stumbles a little before regaining her balance.

"I love you." I sigh and make her sit down and I call Katie. "Hey KC; Yeah I need your help; Ok thanks." After a couple of minutes of Mal's drunken rambling Katie appears.

"Hey."

"Hi. I'm sorry but I think she has a key card in her right pocket or it's her phone I don't know." She leaves with Mal and right before I close the door I hear steps from down the hall so I peek my head out to see if it was just a neighbor but I see the blonde hair I've missed so much.

"Ashy!" I swing my door open and she embraces me in a hug. "Hey, Lucy." After a minute or two see let's me go and we sit on the couch.

"How was Hawaii?"

"It was great." She tells me all about it and I think we were sitting there for a while since T walked in the door and we were still talking about her vacation.

"Hey, Luce and Ash." She waves and sets her bag down. "Hi, baby." I motion for her to come over and she pecks my lips.

"So -" I shake my head to her discreetly and she thankfully plays it off. "How was your day Lucy?"

"Uneventful," I reply to Ash a little too quickly. I'll tell Tierna about Mal later...maybe.