Chapter 25 - It was a coma

[Lucia]

Why does my head hurt? I open my eyes and I look around and see an all-white room. "Doctor, Jane Doe's awake." A woman faintly says. My head snaps to the door as an older looking man in scrubs walks in carrying a clipboard.

"Well good morning I'm Dr.Watts." He says cheerfully. The man pulls up a chair beside me. "Do you know your name?" I nod and a cup with a straw is placed in front of me so I take a quick sip and clear my throat. "L-Luc-ia Rodri-riguez." He smiles and nods jotting down what I presume is my name.

"And do you have any family or emergency contacts we can call Lucia?" I shrug and look at him curiously. "How long have-have I been asl-eep?"

"About 3 months. Here's your phone, can you look through the contacts and have us call someone for you?" He says pulling a big plastic bag out and pulling a beat-up black iPhone out. I nod and use my fingerprint to unlock it. I scroll through all my contacts and stop at Carli's name.

I don't remember her but the name is really familiar. I click on it and I hand him my phone with my shaky hands. "Your stutter, shaky hands, and other things will go away after some time it's just a side effect from all the trauma your body's been through."

He steps out and my eyelids get heavier and heavier by the second as I try to watch the small tv on the wall. Soon enough I give in and let my body get some much-needed rest.

-

I wake up hearing voices in the room and someone holding my hand. I decide to keep my eyes closed to see if I can recognize any of the voices. "I thought she was gone. It's been months."

"I know Al but she's right here." I open my eyes and look around the room to see Alex, Krashlyn, Hope, Carli, Tierna, and a girl I've never seen before "Mom?" She rushes over to me and pulls me in a tight hug. "Hey, Lia."

"Who are all these people?" I say in a quiet voice so only she can hear. "You don't remember anyone?" She says pulling away from the hug. I shake my head and the room goes silent as I hold back a smile. "I'm joking. I remember everyone, but her." I say pointing to the woman me and T's height standing next to her.

"Oh, um this is my-my friend AJ." I nod my head and turn away from her. She can at least be honest she is dating the girl. "Alex?" She snaps her head towards me and I stretch out my arms. "Hug," I demand and she rolls her eyes but walks into my arms and we share a bone-crushing hug.

"Where's Tobin?" I say looking around. "She's getting food- I should text her to get you some." She says walking away from me while typing away on her phone. "My turn!" Ashlyn yells and jumps on me.

"What the fuck is Ali feeding you bitch?!" I say while failing to push the goalkeeper off of me. "Hey! That's rude." She smacks my head and crawls off of me. "I'm so sorry kid," Carli says rubbing my shoulder.

"I think she broke one or all of my ribs." I glance over the room to see Alex still on her phone, Ashlyn getting scolded by Ali, AJ and Tierna in deep conversation, Hope sitting at the foot of my bed and Carli is sitting on the chair the doctor pulled up next to the bed.

Then it hit me. I need to call KC, Emily, and Eve.

I honestly liked my dream world better a bit. There was always some kind of drama, but at least I didn't actually lose a kid in real life.