Chapter 1 - Never Trust your Roommate

So maybe this amnesia thing won't work out after all.

"Oh please Alex, what are you talking about? Just yesterday night we were texting each other on the phone and you remembered me so clearly! You even talked about that hickey Angela gave me two months ago!" James who is my roommate laughed as I explained to him that I had amnesia.

James Evans? Out of all people?!

James Evans is none other than my childhood friend and I can confidently say that he had not changed at all. His laugh was still so cheeky and that smile, damn that smile, it just looks like the sun. His hair was still as cool as ever, looking like Douglas Booth. I admit, he is handsome but he is just way too childish, then... until now.

"What? I didn't even text you yesterday!" I bit my lips as I tried so hard to use a low voice. I'm actually quite happy and proud that he still has not figured out that I am not Alex.

"Of course you did unless it was that adorable sister of yours that actually called me. But if that's true, how did she know about that kiss? Don't tell me you told her?" He smirked playfully.

'Adorable sister'?

Did I hear him right?

I felt my face flush a little, "Did you just call my sister adorable?" I pretended to vomit and choke over what he said. He laughed aloud, "See! You're still the same knucklehead! You can't possibly expect me to believe you had amnesia Alex.

He then went inside the toilet without bothering to close the door, giving me a few moments to think of the current situation. What caught my attention the most was obviously the fact that James actually talked to Alex yesterday. He was still in contact with his friends so why can't he bother replying any of my messages or at least tell me where he was!?

"So, what's up with the fake amnesia?" James asked nonchalantly as he came out of the toilet - half-naked. Yes, you heard me right. He came out of the toilet half-naked. I followed his abs as he walked around the room, Damn, since when did he gain those packs? Isn't he suppose to be some sort of nerd? I blinked and forcefully looked away from his chest.

Okay, one more glance.

"I ain't faking it, okay? I really did bump my head this morning too hard," I rolled my eyes, persuading him to believe was starting to get on my nerves. His eyes studied me for a while and then immediately his lips twitched up. In that split second, I knew what he planned in mind was not gonna go well, especially for me.

"Your smile is freaking me out," I sat up, hugging my pillow in a protective way.

"I'm hungry, let's head to the cafeteria," he grabbed the t-shirt that was hanging at the chair in front of his bed and headed out. I followed him right behind even though every nerve in my brain was screaming not to.