Chapter 7 - Beach Party

"Anne, brace yourself! We are going to the beach!"

"What!?" I screamed back at my best friend, Hazlin Demins.

"You do realize the position I currently am in, right?" I smirked at the phone even though she could not possibly see me.

"Of course I do! Thus, I didn't say you were gonna be Alex on the trip, right? You're gonna be my best friend Anne Flames, like seriously? You are gonna be back to my bitch even for just a day. I miss you too much! Thus, it's during the Sembreak, what can possibly go wrong?"

~>.<~

Everything is wrong.

One, I was wearing a two-piece swimsuit.

Two, I don't know any of these people.

Three, Jace is here. Yes, you heard me right, Jace is here. I guess he is back to being that loyal dog he was.

After that incident, he seemed to have kept a low profile may be due to the fact that he was suspended from classes for weeks.

Then again, even after his punishment, he still did not bother me. Of course, It made me feel relief and yet at the same time it made me feel normal like I was not special any longer.

I guess the fact that he was here made me happy - just a bit.

After a few hours I realized everything was not going out as wrong as I thought it would be. I was actually able to befriend a few people and I even had some fun.

Fun... I never thought I would feel that again, it was the first time since I transferred. Transferring University to an all-boy school just turned me mad. Of course I knew it was gonna be weird to adapt to such an environment but honestly it would have been so much better is Jace was not in the picture.

Talking about Jace, he was freaking me out. Like damn, he has been starring at me since I have arrived.

I have told myself over and over that it was all just a coincidence but this time he was starring, not a glance, it was full-on stare. He did not even bother to blink, he just stared at me like some old pervert.

I looked down at myself and wondered if there was something wrong with my outfit. I was wearing my blue neon swimsuit under an oversize shirt. Complimenting it was my beach sandals since we were on the beach and other than that, my short hair was let loose over my forehead and glasses on.

What could be possibly wrong with that?

I decided to ignore him - again - and looked at my watch, it was already 9 pm and most of the people were starting to get wasted. It was time to go back.