Chapter 8 - The Crimson Moonlight

I didn't realize holding a knife in public was allowed nowadays.

Held by the unknown murderer, the knife glimmered ominously in the pale moonlight dripping blood. Cold and ruthless, it seems to call to me. We were gonna be it's next victim if we didn't flee.

The man looked around the wood, looking for anyone who has spotted him, ready to kill whoever gets in the way. He seems to be in his middle age, buzz-cut hair, and fine build. I would have thought he was a normal policeman if it was not for this situation.

It wouldn't be long before he found us hiding in this short bush, thus, Hazlin might make some noise or something and I cannot control that since she is clearly drunk. She lied on the cold grass where I have placed her a few minutes ago when I saw that man. She was already half-asleep, she won't be able to run even if I did wake her up. It was only up to me and my pea-size brain now.

Haiss, remind me to always bring my phone with me.

After a full minute, I finalized my choices.

A) Hazlin and I get killed

B) I run away and leave Hazlin to get killed.

Or C) I distract the man and make sure he goes nowhere near Hazlin.

B sounds really tempting but I am not that mean so only option C was guilt-free.

I squad in front of the bush where I was hiding at. I stood in a jolt, making sure that I hit something that made a noise in order to get his attention.

I thought I was brave. I thought I was ready for what was to come. I thought I wouldn't shiver but in the split second that the moonlight aimed at his face, I saw the expression I think I will never forget - madness.

I ran and ran and ran as fast as my two wimpy legs could get me. My heart race, pumping blood so fast I lost count of it. I wanted to look back, see if I was getting any distance between us, but I knew that if I did, he will just gain distance. I looked straight, forcing my legs to go faster. I was only about 200 meters away from the party now and I knew if I could just get a little closer, someone would spot us.

Thump.

It was over. Definitely.

March 21st, 2015, my life is taken away by some psycho murderer at the shore where the moonlight was shining so beautifully. Well, it wouldn't turn out to be such a horrible place to die, right?

I stared at the knife ones again, it gleamed the same way it had before, only this time it knew that its next victim was only a second away. I wanted to scream, call for help but as though I was back to being one year old, all I knew was to whimper.