Chapter 13 - Sleeping Beauty

I couldn't speak.

"Boyfriend?" Stephan spoke for me.

"You don't need to hide it, Bro. Just make sure to take care of this girl for me, okay? See you around, Anne." 

Nothing but sorrow filled his eyes, he was hurt. Of course, he was hurt! He just confessed his feelings for me the other day and now he sees me with another guy, of course, he would be hurt!

But no! Stephan isn't my boyfriend, we aren't even friends. Please Sebastian don't misunderstand this but before I could deny it or even open my mouth, he was out of the shop.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause some sort of misunderstanding. Please run after him if you must," Stephan almost pleaded. 

He really was a kind guy so how could he cause Hazlin so much pain?

"No, it's okay. I can clear the misunderstanding with him later. Now, all I want to quicken is my best friend's misery," I walked right past him to the queue, signaling he should buy something as well.

~>.<~

"MISS HAZLIN FREAKING DEMINS YOU BETTER MEET ME RIGHT NOW AT THE ENTRANCE OF JAYS COAST PARK OR I'M GONNA HAVE TO CHARGE TO YOUR HOUSE!" I screamed through the phone even before she was able to utter a single letter.

"What did I do?" She asked a little shaken.

"You're in big trouble Missy, just come at the location. Bye!" I ended the phone before she could utter a single word ones again. I sighed and smirked at particularly nowhere. I still couldn't believe Hazlin for "lying" to me.

Honestly, that girl can be the most troublesome. She lies to me about the fact that Stephan can't disagree with the marriage. In the first place, when did she get so good at lying? Not the point, she told a lie. She could have gotten back with this dude but she did not.

"Are you sure that you told her all these?" I asked Stephan for the hundredth time.

"Yes, I did. That's why I just couldn't believe it when she said not to turn it down..." He looked upon the ground.

"By any chance, did you tell her anything that could have made her let you do this? Or did you do anything stupid?" I knitted my eyes brows in frustration. Something still didn't fit together. A missing piece.

"Well... I did tell her that my dad placed in a lot of energy in order to find a good partner but-"

"What?!"

"But it was only that one time. On top of that, I did not even high light it. It was just another fact I told her before I said the marriage could be canceled so-"