Chapter 11 - The Past

"You think just because you made my heartbeat, I'll believe whatever lies you tell about my brother?"

I glared at him rather furiously. Well, he can't possibly expect me to actually believe that kind of lie, right? Like how can my brother possibly cause this sort of a pain to anyone? He was not that type of person.

In fact, if I was ever to describe my twin, the first words that will escape my mouth are kind and loving. 

So how... how the hell does he expect me to believe him?

His lips twitched up and he actually smiled back at me which caught me by surprise.

"Of course you wouldn't believe me... I've been treating you horribly these past few weeks-"

"Speak! I want to know what the hell my brother did to you that caused you that much trouble. High chances are that whatever you tell me I just won't believe you but... I just want to know..." 

I swear to whoever is ruling this earth that that was not me. If I was to blame anyone for being lenient towards him, it would be my heart. 

What am I even saying?

I definitely cannot like this arsehole, NO.

Also, I do not love him!

"Well, you're rather curious now, aren't you?" he laughed and I blushed for I do not know what reason.

"You're brother... He used to be my best friend. He used to be the best pal I had and he used to be that guy I always tell my troubles to. Then... this girl, Jessica came along. As you may have known we both fell for her. At first, I didn't know that he actually loved her as well but the moment he told me that he did, I just backed off. I didn't want our friendship to be ruined just because of a single girl."

Woah... 

I didn't know he was that type of guy. I guess you just can never judge a book by its cover. 

Wait, wait, wait, he can just be lying! But no... How can he be possibly be lying? He was staring at me with those deep blue eyes and nothing but sincerity could be found.

"If only Jessica didn't fall for me. Then again it is your brother's fault for keeping a garage against me. He told me it was fine to date her and so I did, but then you're brother started to act weird around me after we started to date. I just couldn't take it anymore and broke up with Jessica thinking that I would go back the way I was with Alex but no," he Sighed.

"In fact he got mad at me for breaking Jessica's heart," he added in a laugh as though he was mocking at his foolishness back then.