Chapter 1

"Leondre Devries."

I smiled from my seat as he walked across the stage. After shaking multiple hands and taking his diploma, he made his way back to his seat. I noticed him trying to find me in the group of girls, but he couldn't. Everybody looked exactly the same in their blue cap and gown.

"That's your boyfriend, right?" The girl beside me asked. It was weird to hear. I tried not to smile at the sound of it.

"Yeah," I replied, trying not to sound too proud. My boyfriend. My boyfriend. It was foreign to me, but I loved it. My boyfriend.

"Well I heard that he sleeps around a lot. You might want to be careful." I looked at her. By the looks of her facial expression, she seemed pretty serious. Why would this girl even care about looking out for me, we're graduating?

I thought about it for the next ten minutes. I decided I wasn't going to let it get to me. She was probably just one of those girls that like to ruin things for other people. Maybe she wasn't. But it doesn't matter. He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him.

It was the girls' turn to walk across the stage and get their diplomas now. I was slightly nervous. I was having that common "what if I trip?" thought. I opted to wear sandals for this, just in case.

It was ages before they got to me. That's the worst part of having a last name that begins with one of the last letters of the alphabet.

"Y/n Wilson."

Walking across the stage and shaking hands with these people I'd barely ever seen felt surreal. For starters, I was very surprised I was able to graduate in the first place. I skipped almost an entire year of a class and no one ever did anything about it. One of the principals handed me my diploma and I flashed a smile at him before stepping back down the stairs.

I smirked at Leo on my way back to my seat. When I settled back down in my chair, I felt relief wash over me. Relieved that I didn't trip, and also relieved that I didn't have to worry about high school anymore. I was finally going to have a normal life. Just a job, my lover, and my little sister. Over the past few months, I've matured a lot quicker than I would've liked to. I do things now that I normally wouldn't have had to do for another five years. Paying taxes and feeding a child right after finishing english homework wasn't necessarily a normal duty for people my age.

I was so glad Leo had stuck by my side through it all. I couldn't imagine having to do it alone.

I looked up just in time to see Gina Zelly smiling at one of the boys as she walked to her seat. Her smiling at a boy was not what bothered me. It was the boy that was smiling back at her that got on my nerves. My boyfriend.