Chapter 5

It felt like a movie as we pulled up to the house. Cars were parked along the entire street on both sides. We had to park ten minutes away. The lawn was littered with red solo cups and paper towels. We were only 45 minutes late, so I had no idea how that had all happened so quickly.

Leo must have felt my grip on his hand get tighter because he looked at me.

"Hey," he said, getting me to look back at him. "It's gonna be fine. Don't stress."

Jack Tucker's house smelt like sweat and vodka when we walked in. I looked around at all the lights and bodies dancing against each other. Leo pulled me over to the kitchen. As expected, that was where all the drinks were.

He looked at me, studying the emotion in my face.

"Are you gonna drink?" I asked. He hesitated before answering.

"I was planning on it, but if you don't want me to I won't."

"Don't let me stop you," I said.

"Will you drink with me?" Now I was hesitating. "Don't drink if you don't want to drink."

"I want to," I finally said. Truthfully, I didn't want to. But I wanted him to have a good time, and I figured that if he was having a good time, then maybe I would too.

Once we made our relationship official, he stopped smoking weed. He stopped drinking frequently, as well. I never told him to, but I think he noticed that I wasn't into things like that. Ever since then I've held a small ounce of guilt inside of me. I felt like it was my fault. I didn't want to have any sort of control over him in that sense, but deep down I felt like I subconsciously did. He always reassured me that I wasn't controlling, but it's one of my biggest fears, so I guess my brain just makes me think I am.

It only took one cup for me to let loose. We were dancing in the big crowd of people and I felt much less nervous. However, when we both finished our first drink and went to get more, the calm feeling was replaced with jealousy.

We walked into the kitchen, his arm around me. I was smiling and he was laughing. I looked over and there she was in all her glory. A girl I'd never been jealous of before today. Gina Zelly.

She was talking to one of her friends and she spotted us. The friend was none other than the girl who told me my boyfriend slept around during graduation. Leo was pouring smirnoff into a red solo cup when Gina waltzed over.

"Leo!" She sounded, making him jolt his head.

"Hey, Gina!"

"Are you having fun?" She asked. At first she was just ignoring me, but after she asked that, she looked over at me and smirked. Not a friendly smirk.

"Yeah, how about you?" He replied, handing me one of the drinks he had just mixed.

"Eh, it's alright." She twirled a lock of her long brown hair in her stupid little finger. "I'll see you later, kay?"

She turned and walked back to her friend. Leo turned to me and smiled. Right as he turned his back to Gina, she turned around and glared at me. I hid the fire that ignited inside of me so Leo wouldn't notice that she'd done anything. I definitely didn't want him to think that I was bothered by her.

"I didn't know you guys were friends," I said trying to sound as casual as possible, ignoring the rage I was feeling.

"Eh, I guess you could say that."

I attempted to tell myself that it wasn't his fault that she was a home-wrecking bitch, but then I thought back to earlier and how he winked at her and my stomach churned.