Chapter 3

"Who were they?" I asked, buckling my seatbelt. He was behind the wheel, doing the same.

"Just a few kids I talked to in gym. We played basketball together everyday, so I guess they thought it'd be weird not to say bye."

"Hmm," I sounded. "Okay, 'Mr. Devries.'"

He visibly cringed at the statement. I laughed.

"Bet you didn't know I had friends, huh?" He joked, beginning to pull out of the crowded parking lot.

"Nope," I replied, only half-kidding.

When we got to my house I was happy to see that it wasn't burnt down. I unlocked the door and let Leo in first. Evie was lounged out on the couch watching TV. I ran over to her.

"Guess who's graduated, Eves?! I'm a big girl now!" I started jumping around the room, and Evie got up and joined me. Leo chuckled at our antics. I pulled her into a hug, then extended one arm out further so he could join.

"I wish you could've been there," I remarked, settling down onto the couch in between Evie and Leo. "It was boring anyway, though."

"It's okay, you can be there for mine."

"Aw, Eves..." I pulled her into another hug. I wrapped my free arm around Leo's neck and pulled him in. He rested his head on my shoulder. We stayed that way for a few minutes, watching Paw Patrol as it played on the TV.

"I'm gonna go change out of this upstairs, I'll be right back." I stood up and made my way up to my room. I didn't bother closing the door, but I heard footsteps coming towards my room once I had changed into only a large t-shirt.

I was looking at myself in the mirror when he walked up behind me and snaked his arms around my waist. He had already taken his gown off. He was wearing a black button-up shirt and tan dress pants.

He planted gentle kisses all over my neck. I smiled in the mirror. I reached up to his face, pulled his head up and kissed him. He turned my body around towards him.

"Jump," he mumbled into the kiss. I jumped into his arms. He held onto my bare thighs and sat me on top of him on the edge of my bed. I ran my fingers through his hair. We made out for another 15 or so minutes before Evie started calling us from downstairs.

Leo watched as I threw on a pair of gray sweatpants. I could feel his smirk from behind me.

He followed me downstairs and into the kitchen where Evie was standing with a bowl.

"I can't reach the cereal," she said, pure defeat in her voice. I giggled and Leo reached up to the cabinet and pulled out her favorite cereal.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed. She went over and poured her milk and hurried into the living room just in time, because Paw Patrol was just coming back on.

Not knowing what else to do, I hoisted myself up onto the kitchen counter. I sat there and looked at Leo, just simply admiring him. As I'd hoped he would, he walked over to me and stood in between my dangling legs. He pulled me into another hug. I kissed the top of his head. He smelt like my favorite smell.