Chapter 7

Music was still blaring downstairs. I rubbed my eyes. My head hurt. My vision was back, but everything around me had a pink tint to it. Leo was nowhere to be seen.

I attempted to stand but my legs were weak. I stumbled back onto the bed. I looked around the room. There were football trophies propped up on a shelf. There were football posters spread in some places around the room, as well. I assumed it was Jack's room.

I waited a few minutes, listening to the muffled music downstairs, before getting up again. I succeeded this time and I walked over to the door. Anger started to build up inside of me again when I thought about how Leo left me in that room alone.

I made my way downstairs and looked for him. He was nowhere to be found. I took out my phone and called him, but he didn't answer.

My heart was beating rapidly as I walked back upstairs, desperate to find him. I rounded the corner to a different bedroom. The door was cracked open and I could see two figures inside on the bed. I prayed, begged in my mind that it was not him. I quietly opened the door and peered inside.

(TW: drug-facilitated sexual assault)

My jaw dropped immediately. Tears formed in my eyes as I ran over to them. I yanked Gina's fully clothed body off of Leo's half-naked body. I hit and punched her over and over again until she ripped free from my grasp and ran out the door.

No way. No way. No way. I repeated over and over again in my head.

I frantically shook Leo's body until his eyes fluttered open. He shot up in confusion. He looked at me and I could sense the fear in his eyes. I must have looked like an absolute wreck. I was bawling.

He looked down at his bare lower body and immediately covered himself.

"What the fuck? What the fuck?!" He was yelling. "What happened?"

I handed him his boxers and pants and he put them back on.

"I think you were drugged, Leondre!" I hadn't called him by his full name since I met him.

I helped him off of the bed and we got out of the house as fast as we could. The walk back to the car was painfully longer than the walk there.

I got in the driver's seat of Leo's car after helping him into the passenger seat. We sat there in silence for five minutes before he spoke up.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry." I looked at him, baffled that he even said that.

"Leo, that was not your fault. None of that was your fault."

"But I talked you into going. It's my fault." His head drooped down.

I held his hand with both of my hands and kissed it repeatedly.

"I agreed to go. I didn't have to do that. Please do not blame yourself. You're going to be okay, you'll get through this. You and I both know how strong you are."

He was crying.