Chapter 4

He kissed me on the lips twice before Evie yelled from the living room. She told us to stop spreading germs. I giggled into his hair.

He looked up into my eyes and smiled before talking.

"You in the mood for a graduation party?"

"Tonight?" I asked.

"Tonight."

"At whose house?"

"Jack Tucker." I hesitated for a minute.

"You know how I feel about parties..." I said.

"I know, baby, but it'll be okay. I'll be with you all night," he reassured. "If you don't want to go, we don't have to..."

He looked at me with puppy dog eyes. If he wasn't already winning me over, him sticking out his bottom lip in a pout definitely did.

"Fine!"

"Yay!" He lifted me off the counter and set me on the ground. "It's at 10."

*****

I was nervous. The last party I went to was freshman year. I told myself I'd never go to one again after I was forced to make out with the president of the chess club.

Now here I was, trying to squeeze my butt into my favorite pair of jeans. My butt has gotten bigger in the past few weeks and I'm not too sure why. Leo told me that he 'most definitely did not mind.'

Speaking of, he was on his way back to my house. He had gone back to his apartment to change into something different while I started to get ready.

I sat down to do my makeup when Evie came in to say goodnight. I had told her I was going out to a party and she was abnormally happy about it. She wanted me to get out of the house, I think.

"Night, y/n. Have fun at your party," she said.

"Thank you, Eves. Sleep well!"

As Evie shut her bedroom door, Leo came prancing into my room.

"I didn't even hear you get here," I pointed out as he plopped onto my bed.

"That's because I'm a ninja."

I decided to put on red lipstick, which is something I never do. I've always felt like it made me stand out, and I hated that.

I stood up and turned around to Leo, who was laying down on his phone.

"How do I look?" I asked.

He sat up and looked me up and down. His eye lingered on my exposed chest for a few extra seconds before he got up and rested his hands on my waist.

"You look absolutely beautiful, love." He laid a quick kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand and pulling me down the stairs. "Time to party, baby!"