Chapter 6

By my sixth cup, I was shit-faced. Leo was getting there. I decided I just wanted to drink the night away. I didn't want to remember it.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I yelled to Leo over the loud music. I was slurring my words.

"Okay, I'm going to get us another drink," He replied. We parted ways.

On my way up the stairs, I passed Jack Tucker himself. I hadn't seen him all night. I flashed a small smile as a thank you for letting me in his house and he reciprocated. I got an uneasy feeling when he looked me up and down, though. I stopped smiling and continued up the stairs, picking up my pace.

I found the bathroom fairly easily. I was happy to see it was unoccupied. I closed the door behind me and went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, the door burst open. The friend that had been talking to Gina earlier, the one that basically called my boyfriend a whore, rushed in and vomited into the toilet. I quickly dried my hands and hurried out of the bathroom, grossed out by what I had just witnessed, but also satisfied by her misfortune.

I pushed my way through the swarm of people that were just as drunk as me, if not worse, and made it into the kitchen just in time to see exactly what I was afraid of.

Gina was once again talking to Leo, but this time she was much closer to him than before. He turned around to throw something into the garbage can behind him and she looked at me. She saw that I was angry, and she smirked. I turned and walked out of the kitchen and back through the group of people. I sat on the wide staircase, watching my surroundings. People dancing, people making out, people doing shots. I hated this atmosphere. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this.

"There you are, babe." He handed me another drink. I took a big gulp. "What are you doing?"

"Just sitting here," I replied plainly. Annoyance was clear in my voice, yet it went over his head entirely.

"Oh... well let's dance!" He downed a large amount of the substance in his cup before taking my hand and leading me into the crowd. Once we were dancing, I began to feel a little less angry. Maybe they really were just friends. I finished my drink fairly quickly.

About 15 minutes of dancing went by when I started to feel sick to my stomach. Leo was abnormally sweating.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. When I talked, it felt like there were needles poking my insides. I wasn't completely sure that the words even came out of my mouth.

As I said that, he started to fall over. There was still a smile plastered across his face, so I figured maybe he was just blacked out. I helped him back up and walked him out to the front porch. There were people standing and talking outside, none of which noticed our unusual behavior. I sat him up on the step and took a seat next to him. My insides now felt like they were in boiling water.

"What was in that drink, Leo?" I asked, holding my stomach.

"Nothing, it's the same shit we've been drinking all night," He replied. He was already calming down. Right then, I started to see stars. My feet started tingling, and it creeped up my legs until my whole body felt like static. My vision went black.

"Leo I'm blacking out," I said, beginning to panic. I felt for his leg and squeezed him.

I remember him telling me to breathe and to listen to his voice. The next thing I knew I was waking up in an unfamiliar bed.