Chapter 3

Yoongi closed the laptop and furiously rubbed his eyes. If his fiance were here, he would yank Yoongi's hands away and scold him for the millionth time. Yoongi hated being nagged at, he found it unnecessary noise that he would just ignore anyway. But when it came to his lovely bear, he would listen with an open heart. Taehyung was the first person that didn't let Yoongi get away with things like an unhealthy diet and sleeping schedule. For the first time in his life, Yoongi found someone that he could tolerate and actually needed to survive. Sometimes when they sleep and Taehyung is in his arms, he wonders what he did in his past life to deserve such happiness. It was a sort of miracle that Taehyung found something about Yoongi endearing and asked him to be his boyfriend because Yoongi would not have mustered up enough courage to do it himself. Every day, he worries that Taehyung will wake up and decide he wants to be with someone else. Someone more handsome and richer than Yoongi and the older would have to accept because he wants nothing more than happiness for his winter bear.

One of his juniors came into his office and handed him a cup of coffee. Yoongi mumbled a thank you and opened his laptop once more. "Any luck?"

"No," Yoongi sighed. While it was fortunate that the surgery went well, Yoongi was having a hard time identifying the driver because there was not a piece of identification on him or in the car. Not only that, the car was brand new, thus it hasn't been registered in the system yet. It really felt like this guy just dropped out of nowhere. There was not much Yoongi could do. He couldn't contact anyone, no friends of families or the driver to get a name. "I guess we'll just have to wait for him to wake up to tell us himself."

"You're right," the junior nodded.

" Or wait for the missing person list to be updated. Or the most wanted criminal. Whichever comes first." Yoongi added. His junior furrowed an eyebrow, a nervous sweat broke on his face. "It's a joke." Yoongi sighed. He has been known for his dry humor, but he wanted to get better so that he could hear Taehyung's laugh more. His junior gave a nervous chuckle, then left. Some more practice, Yoongi thought. But on that note, he had to call the hospital to let them know the progress of the investigation.

Taehyung's phone rang as he was making his usual round. It was from Yoongi's office and not his cellphone, which meant they would only be discussing business. That was the balance they settled on. "Hello officer Min," he spoke. He listened intently as Yoongi explained the situation to him. Taehyung bit his lips at the stump they've found themselves in and nodded. Once Yoongi finished reporting, he hung up. The doctor sighed, but work is work. Seconds later, his phone rang once more. "Hi hyung,"

"I love you." Yoongi said.

Taehyung couldn't hide his grin, his fiance sure is something else. "I love you too, hyung." After hanging up for the second time, Taehyung made his way to the mysterious person's room. He found you in there as well, wiping the patient's forehead. "How is he?"

You jumped at the sound of his voice, "His vitals are fine. But he's been in bed for a week so I was thinking about exercising his limbs a little so that his bones won't disintegrate."

Taehyung hummed, "That's a good idea. Please proceed with that then. Also, I know this sounds weird, but try talking to him. If he hears voices, he's more likely to wake up."

"Alright, I'll do that too. Did the police ever find a name?"

"No," Taehyung exhaled. "Yoongi couldn't find any record of him without the identification. We'll have to wait until he wakes up."

"Oh," you exclaimed, running over to the closet and pulling out a shirt. "While cleaning up the outfit he wore that day, I saw this on the tag." Your finger traced over the stitching, it read 'Joon.'

"Joon?" Taehyung recited. "Do you think that could be his name?"

"Possibly," you replied. "Halmeoni said her parents used to mark their children's clothing so that they don't get mixed up with one another. Maybe he has a lot of siblings."

"Makes sense, it's a good idea. I'll do that too when I have kids."

"Does Yoongi know you want 10 kids?"

"No, but he'll have to accept it. That's what love is."

You groaned, "Alright, alright, don't gross me out with your lovey-dovey couple stuff."

"You're just jealous," Taehyung snickers, sticking his tongue out. "Hurry up and find someone so I can tease you."

"That day will never come, you did steal the last guy."

"He he, sorry," the doctor laughed, he was certainly not sorry for sweeping Yoongi off his feet. "If you want, I can contact some of my friends in the city."

"No thank you," you declared firmly. "City boys are not my type at all."

"Why not?"
You sighed, feeling your heart aching. "They have a sort of complex that everything belongs to them and that they don't belong to one person."

Taehyung's smile dropped, "Are you speaking from experience?"

"I'm speaking from common sense," you answered. "Thank you for worrying about me but I am totally okay with growing old alone."

"That's not true, no one should ever be alone," he consoled. "Especially someone as beautiful as you."

"Oh my god, save those words for Yoongi, please." you shuddered. But you appreciated that he always had this sort of addictive and bright personality. It was something you needed in your life to keep it entertaining. Once he left, you proceeded move Joon's arms and legs around so that the muscles keep working. "Hello, my name is Y/N and I'll be taking care of you until you get better." You didn't find the situation strange or anything, talking is another part of human development. You brushed the hair out of his face lightly, and smile when you saw that the scratches has begun to fade. "I don't know what your name is, but I hope that I got Joon right. I also hope you wake up soon so that you can go back to your friends and family. They must be worried sick about you. If not for them, then get better for yourself."

Obviously he wasn't going to say anything in return. After making sure his condition hasn't changed, you left. Unbeknownst to you and the rest of the world, his finger started twitching when you said his name.