Chapter 12

The day ended like any other. The sun went to sleep, the supplies were stocked, the floor was mopped, paperwork completed and filed away, other patients were resting for the night, nighttime had just begun their shifts, the head doctor went on home to his lover, and you were about to head home to halmeoni. Actually, you had to wait for Joon to show up because he promised to pick you up so that you two could walk home together. It was his idea, he claimed that he needed the exercise anyway. But instead of seeing his button nose and crescent dimples by the hospital gate, you found the face that shattered your heart all those years ago.

He leaned his back against the wall, staring at the sky. With his infamous leather jacket and ripped jeans, he had stepped out of your memories. Silver moon outlined his hair. From afar, he almost looked harmless, like a fairy or angel. His face and body were alluring to strangers, but that's what he does, use his features to his advantage and use people. Your feet froze in place. When he saw you, he pushed himself up and stood taller. His eyes were the same color, but they can change shape and demeanors depending on what he wanted from someone. As he approached, it wasn't fear that you felt, but immense displeasure. "Jimin," you denounced.

"It's been a long time, Y/N," he answered, smooth voice and deadly gaze. It was a different aura from when he apologized for the first time for his infidelity. Back then, he at least pretended to feel guilty and disgusted with himself. Right now, he looked almost proud.

"What the hell are you doing here? How did you even find me?" That was a stupid question, anyone would have been able to find you here because there was no shelter for you elsewhere. And he was fully aware of that fact.

He ran a hand through his hair. Back in college, that was the killer move he used to win over anyone, and you fell for his trap. "I want you back, baby, that's why I came."

"You're fucken joking, right?" you retorted.

He clicked his tongue and shook his head, "Of course I'm not," he cooed. "I miss you so much, Y/N. And I know you think about me too."

"Oh, I do," you hummed. His eyes lit up a little with glimmers of hope. It was the same seed of hope you felt when he told you he loved only you. In hindsight, it was incredibly stupid to believe a man like him was capable of love for one person, especially when that person is as plain and boring as you.

"Really?"

Your eyes narrowed, "Yes, whenever I need to throw up, I just need to quickly remember your face and all the disgusting things you did to me."

Jimin had expected such a sly remark, that was one notable thing about you. The thing that caught him by surprise. He thought that coming from a small town, you would be naive and believe every little rhyme he spoke. But he had to work hard to win you over, girls are typical, he thought, they just need to be chased for a while until they get tired of running themselves. And Jimin wasn't the type to give up just because a girl was giving him trouble, the good ones always required a little bit more effort. He chuckled, not letting that comment burn down his confidence. He took another step forward until you would smell his pungent cologne. You always hated it and unfortunately, your feelings for him couldn't mask it as you thought it would with all of his other flaws. "Baby, I know I messed up. I didn't mean to."

"You didn't mean to sleep with her or you didn't mean to let me witness it?"

He sighed, feeling agitated by the second. He just wanted something quick while he was going through a messy breakup but he hadn't expected it to be this hard. He smirked, initiating his final attack that would surely melt even your broken heart. His hand went up and you knew what was happening, he would twirl your hair with his finger and graze his thumb over your cheek, sending chills down your spine. It was the one trick he would use to manipulate you, to calm you down when you were upset with you, and made you believe you were crazy for ever feeling upset with him for the first place. Before you could take a step back, someone caught Jimin's arm and pushed it back.

Joon stood in between you two, protecting you from the monster with his tall slender back. "I don't think it's very polite of you to touch a lady, especially when she's clearly uncomfortable with you," he spoke calmly, but you could feel his anger from his back.

Jimin blinked and furrowed his eyebrows. "Who the hell are you?" he spat. "This is none of your business. This is between Y/N and me."

"Oh really?" Joon asked, returning with a cold voice and even deadlier gaze. Although you couldn't see it, you saw the shift on Jimin's face. It was rare for Jimin to lose his composure, he was well-known in college for being the definition of perfect. There was virtually no one who could compare to him on campus when it came to looks, physical body, eloquent speaking skills. He finally found an opponent. "What business might you have with my girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" Jimin repeated. Girlfriend! Your mind screamed. Joon didn't budge, and he never retracted his statement. "I don't believe that she would date you."

Snapping back to reality, you took a step forward and wrap your arm around Joon's. His cheek blushed but he kept his eyes on the man before him. "Who I date is none of your concerns," you scowled. "I don't know the real reason why you came back, but if it's to win my heart, you are dearly mistaken that I have enough patience and kindness in the world to not rip your head off." As Joon pulled you away, Jimin was determined to make one last grand gesture. He caught your wrist, pulling you backward. "Let go!"

"Y/N, I know you really aren't dating. And I will do anything to get you back." Before you could say anything, Joon let go of your hand to walk up to Jimin. He stared down at him.

"If you touch her one more time, I will personally clear out a room at the hospital for you." Jimin stared in utter shock and defeat as you walked away, hand in hand with your so-called lover.