Chapter 21

"FUCKKK!!!!!!" the man yelled, ruffling the trees nearby but for the most part, everyone was asleep. Even the stars tucked themselves beneath the blanket of silver clouds. He tossed the empty beer can off to the distance somewhere. "Fuck," he yelled again, this time it came out like a muffled cry.

"I get that you're heartbroken, but don't litter," you scolded, not very sober yourself. You wobbled to the can, picking it up then tossed it into the trash bag you had set up earlier. When Yoongi called you in the middle of the night asking you to join him for some alcohol, you knew immediately that something was wrong. Yoongi also knew that you weren't much of a drinker, but he had no one else in this town who would listen to him.

"Shut up," he groaned. "You don't understand what I'm going through." He tossed his head back, eyes closed, letting the fall breeze blow through his hair. He was completely exhausted, physically and mentally. He hadn't slept in days, unable to drift off into slumber without his bear by his side. He hadn't heard his voice, heard his laugh, felt his fingers in his hair, felt the softness of his lips, haven't seen him. That last part killed him.

Taehyung ignored his calls, didn't allow him to come to the house, didn't let him into the hospital, except for critical injuries which Yoongi had tried to fake but Taehyung was too smart for that. What he wasn't smart about was not seeing the way Yoongi only loves him and everything with Seokjin was in the past.

"Right," you scoffed, the tears building behind the dams, "I don't know what you're talking about." Over the past week, you were trying to move on with your life, to go back to your mundane routine. Waking up, eating breakfast, riding your bike to work, check on the patients, then going back home and sleep. They were everything you had done previously before his arrival, but now it was impossible to get traces of him out of your head. He was everywhere.

"Sorry," Yoongi offered.

"It's okay, but let's talk about me now. Let's focus on how we can fix your relationship."

"I don't know what I need to do, he won't even listen to me."

"What do you want to say to him?"

"That I'm completely in love with him and only him," he confessed. "And I fucken miss him so much that my heart hurts."

"Oh my god, I've never heard such cliche lines come out of your mouth before. You do love him," you wailed. Yoongi gulped down another can, and obediently tossed it into the bag. "Okay, I can't stand this anymore. Taehyung is upset at work and it's weird to not hear his laugh in the corridors and it's even weirder to hear you being mushy." You stood up and patted the grass off your clothes. When you went to grab his arm, he frowned.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm carrying you home."

"Don't wanna go," he whined. "I don't like my empty house."

"We're not going to your house, pabo. We're gonna fix this."

"He's not gonna open the door,"

"I'll kick it, don't worry." Tossing his arm around your shoulder, you made your way through town, to the doctor's house.

As Yoongi had predicted, Taehyung wouldn't open the door. You sighed, completely exhausted with carrying the tina man. Inhaling, you pounded on the door, "Kim Taehyung open the door right now!" you yelled. "If you don't, I will tell the market ladies to never sell strawberries to you again."

"At the sound of the threat, the door opened slightly. "You wouldn't dare," he whispered.

"Try me," you growled. He rolled his eyes and flung the door open. When his eyes landed on the intoxicated Yoongi, his hurt jumped a little. He felt guilty and dumb, but at the same time, he didn't want to give in as he always had. You were grateful that Taehyung at least helped you carry his boyfriend inside. Once inside the house, Yoongi sobered up a bit, enough to take in the image of his lover to fill the void inside of his heart. "Alright, I'm tired of this situation. It's obvious you guys are miserable without each other so you guys have to talk about this. Neither of you is leaving until everything is resolved, and I'll be staying here to make sure of it."

Taehyung sat on the sofa, arms crossed and eyes wandering anywhere in the room except for Yoongi's face. The older one sat up straighter, as much as he could without stars filling his vision, and cleared his throat. "Kim Taehyung, I know I don't talk much about my past and my feelings. I left you in the dark about who I am and how I feel. As your partner, that was wrong of me. I thought that if I kept my history away, I would be able to move on with my life, with my life with you because in all honesty, I knew you would be my future."

You were shocked at how eloquently and honest he was speaking, but that was probably due to the alcohol in his system. "What happened with Seokjin was long ago. I was shocked to see him, but it doesn't mean that I have any residual feelings towards him because I don't. I feel nothing. And I certainly don't feel anything close to how I feel when I'm with you. You're the only one for me."

"Then why have you been so distant lately?" Taehyung asked. He wasn't upset, he was scared.

Yoongi blinked hard, the chemicals working in his system and making his eyelids heavy. "Because I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"Proposing to you." Yoongi hiccupped, "I don't... have enough money for a ring yet....but soon." His eyes closed and his head threatened to slump down on the seat. Taehyung's eyes widened at the sudden confession and you were shaken awake. Taehyung bolted for the half-passed out man, grabbing ahold of his shoulder.

"Hyung, what did you just say?" he questioned, shaking Yoongi's body. The other man grunted something. "Hyung, wake up, please!" Taehyung begged, the tears trailing down his cheeks. Happy was an understatement. "I'm sorry for being childish and not listening to you. I get why you're working late hours now, but I don't care about a ring so propose to me now!"

Yoongi's eyes fluttered open at the sound of his lover crying, "But you deserve a ring."

Taehyung shook his head furiously, "I just want you, hyung."

Yoongi smiled, you saw his infamous gums. "Kim Taehyung, I'm so flawed and so thankful you still choose to love me. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" Taehyung threw his arms around Yoongi's neck, tackling him into a tight embrace while cries filled the air, including from you. You were crying for their happiness, and your lack thereof. The engaged couple insisted that you stay the night, but you assured them that you were perfectly capable of walking down the street by yourself. They needed their time to celebrate and you needed time for yourself.

On the way home, you wondered if he was alright, if he was in his lover's arms. The thought made you cry further, but you walked on home under the moonlit path.