chapter 14 🌒

it has been three days since you saw kylo; it was comforting yet lonely. kylo went on a mission to the neutral planet with general hux, leaving you to the door to your stormtroopers throughout those days; you went over battle plans for an upcoming mission and assigned captains for each squad. phasma was by your side every second, making sure you adjusted to your position quickly. the pain that had riddled your soul these past few days has locked itself away in you somewhere, giving you time to finally normalize your new life. your wedding ring hung loosely on your finger as you glided over the floor, following the usual path to kylo's quarters.

you made your way to the doorway, a knight stood outside of it. confusion drew onto your face as you stepped closer to the knight.

"why are you outside of my quarters?" you ask him, tilting your head to the side.

"emperor ren has arrived back on the finalizer, empress" the knight opens the room door for you to enter; you give the knight one last glance before stepping in.

kylo stood in the middle of the room, his long cloak making him look even larger in size. his face pointed down to the floor, his side profile being dimly lightened by the stars.

"emperor ren" you nod to him, cupping your hands together in front of you.

"my wife" he emphasizes before turning his face in your direction. your heart skipped a beat at the sight. the jagged scar on his cheek was bright red; dirt surrounding the area.

as you stepped closer to him, you noticed how dirty he was. his tunic was torn in some places, causing his flesh to poke through. before you could stop yourself, you were running your thumb over his scar; making him flinch from the sudden warm touch. your eyebrows closed together; examining the small cuts and bruises on his beautiful face.

"what happened" you gently wonder, lowering your hand back to your side.

kylo look down at your hand, instantly missing the warmth on his skin before answering you "war. like always" he rolls his eyes at you, making you do the same.

"whatever" you mumble, turning away and walking to the kitchen. you grab an apple from the fridge and sink your teeth through the skin and into the sweet pulp. you lean against the island for a moment before cramming your neck to the side to look at kylo.

kylo tries to take his tunic off; but he becomes frustrated when his arms are too sore to reach. you huff an aggravated sigh and sit your apple down, walking over to him.

"here" you say sharply, lifting the back of his tunic over his head, releasing him from its grasp.

he sighs in relief, throwing it to the floor. you watch with your eyes as he stalks to the bathroom; shutting the door loudly behind him. you wondered why he was being this way to you. usually by now he would be screaming at you, threatening to end your life. but this time, he seemed too exhausted to even notice you.

you went into the bedroom, figuring he'd probably need some clothes; you threw black pants and a black shirt onto the duvet. you'd get him clothing; but not be nice about it.

you hear the water shut off from the shower and the shower door squeaking open. you sit in a chair and watch him as he emerges from the bathroom. your eyes scanned his figure; taking in all the cuts and scrapes he had acquired from the neutral planet.

"staring isn't like you, my wife" his voice is deadpan; not one ounce of emotion rose to his features. he grabs the clothing you set out for him, walking into the closet to change.

"how many innocent lives did you take, my husband" you reply, cockiness soaking every word.

kylo renters the room, now fully dressed. his wet hair stuck to his bruised face as he walked towards the bed. "not as many as you did in one sitting" he gives you a quick look before laying down; facing away from you.