chapter 28 🌓

(hi guys! thank you so much for your patience and we hope you enjoy!)

your morning was busy; you bustled around with the troopers trying to gain more knowledge from phasma on how to do things correctly. although you've had this position for months now, it seemed as if there was always more to learn. after working tirelessly for a good portion of your day, you were finally finished and able to retreat back to your quarters.

you were sweaty; your skin was clammy and your clothing stuck to you like leather as you made your way through the halls. officers of all kinds shuffled around you- stopping to nod your way before returning to their duties. as you rounded the corner to your quarters, you halted yourself.

kylo had emerged from the doorway, fixing his robes over his shoulders more before he glanced your way. memories of the night before drifted between you, feeling like a film only you both could see. you screamed at your brain; trying to find anything to say or do to make the rising tension between you both simmer, yet your mind remained blank.

"who am i?"
"my empress"

you blinked a few times, trying to regain control of yourself just before kylo turned away from you, his long strong legs taking him further and further from you. you watch as his figure disappears around the corner; releasing your breath once he was no longer in sight and continuing the few feet to your quarters.

you decide against entering your quarters; unsure of the conditions kylo has left it once you stormed your way out of the room last night. the look on alice's face when she opened the door for you was nothing less than shocked. she not once questioned you when you asked if you could stay with her, and she didn't even object when you laid on her couch; drifting off to sleep almost instantly.

you make your way to the training room; instantly your stomach starts to flip as you grasp the door handle. you weren't necessarily scared of kael, but you did get an odd feeling now when you were around him. phasma informed you that kael would be leaving the finalizer in one weeks time, stating that he has "other matters in which his skills are needed for", you chose to use this time left with kael to squeeze any other useful tools out of him before he departs- seeing as he is the only person who knows your weak spots.

the door flings open, showing kael as he stands with his arms folded over his chest.
"you're late, empress" he scolds you before turning to the knives on the table.

you swallow away your anxiety, stepping more into the room
"my apologies, kael. i had work to tend to this morning" you watch as kael grabs ahold of the blade of the knife, turning to you and sticking the handle out for you to take.

"you'll need to learn how to use your left hand more" kael instructs you before his gaze dances over you, a little too long for your liking.

"i think i work fine with both" you laugh dryly, trying to ease the now building tension that surrounds you.

kael stares at you for a moment before shaking his head, a smile appearing slowly.
"you do, y/n. but you need to focus on being able to switch from one hand to the other. your right hand is strong; very dominate. you need your left to follow as well" kael places another knife in your left hand.

during this session, kael forced you to use only your left hand. you did feel the difference; your left was a child just learning how to ride a bike, whereas your right was a master at it. you were thankful for kael's help, knowing he would only want you to be successful in your skills. the hair on your neck stood at attention for most of the session; feeling kael's eyes examine every move you made- almost as if he was memorizing them.