chapter 23 🌓

(it's a beautiful 1:20am wouldn't ya think🖤)

the frigid cold of the bathroom floor startled you; waking you with a jolt as you regained your memory of last night. your cheek was tinted pink from laying on the hard surface and your back ached. you pull yourself from the floor, sitting up straight and looking at your reflection in the body length mirror in front of you- your hair held no volume, your eyes baggy and your lips were chapped.

your memory faxes into your thoughts; making your stomach begin the motions of heaving once again. pain shoots through your heart- making your ears ring from the impact. you stifle back your tears brimming your eyelids; forcing them back down as you stand from your position on the ground; your knees are bruised and your hands are moving shakily as you grab the shower door, swinging it open slowly and grasping the handle. water shoots out of the shower head; causing steam to arise and fog up the mirrors.

you discard of your towel and step into the burning water; the feeling of your flesh turning red and water massaging your skin makes your muscles ease up. you wash your body slowly; your head pounding from every movement. you rid your hair of the dirt and oil that had built up on it and stayed under the water till you felt clean enough; you'd wish you could stand in the water forever, never having to face the troubles of the finalizer and your grueling husband.

after your shower you found yourself standing in the middle of your large closet; wrapped in a towel with your hair dropping water pellets to the floor. you scanned the multiple racks of black dresses before stopping your fingers on the fabric of one tucked in behind the others. the deep plunging neckline made you smirk to yourself; your anger towards kylo would never go away, and he believes he is so powerful. little does he know the power you hold over him.

you dress yourself in a rush, the feeling of empowerment over washes you as you pull the dress up your legs. the thing that is fueling you was the air that washed over your exposed legs; knowing no one would ever wear such a statement piece, you figured now would be the perfect time to show just who the empress was.

you pull the sleeves onto your arms, the wide hole for them to slide through opening at your elbows, allowing them to sway with the breeze. yanking the door to your shoes open, you grab the pair for the job; slipping them on, you fix yourself until you are storming out the door of your bedroom.

the halls were bustling with engineers and officers are they studied the papers in their hands. once they caught sight of you, their jaws fell agape. between the light that shined over the smooth skin of your uncovered legs and the echoing sound of your heels hitting the floor you left over blown with power; the light dances over the back of your heels, a small gold knife etched into each one.

there was a meeting today; meaning kylo would be in attendance. you stomp your way to the meeting room, throwing the door open with ease- it slams into the wall behind it harshly.

"where is he" you snarl, noticing his usually occupied seat as empty.

"empress-" hux huffs, just as he was about to lecture you, the force pulses through your veins- lifting hux from his seat in front of you and dragging him to you from over top the long table; his toes scrapping the top as he flew in your direction.

you stop his movements when his neck meets your hand sharply; he coughs from lack of air slightly, trying to seem unfazed in front of the other men that lingered around the table.

"where. is. he." you grit your teeth, putting more pressure around hux's neck before he blinked and lifted his hand in truce.

"hangar" he squeezed out as you dropped him to the floor like a sack of trash. you glance at the other men; forcing them to advert their gaze from you quickly.