chapter 20 🌓

(we back in action hahah enjoy!)

after a few hours of sitting on the edge of your bed, thinking about the events that occurred not too long ago. you couldn't believe how you'd let him overpower you; making you melt just at the sound of his voice. the feeling of anger boils up in you, making you huff in annoyance. you stand and glide to the front door- your fists clenched together, making your nails dig into your palms.

you make your way to the trooper sector; scanning the room for the metallic armor of phasma. a glimmer in the corner of your eye catches your attention; you turn your head in time to see phasma herself walking front of the line with her blaster held across her chest plate.

"empress ren" phasma greets you, the stormtroopers behind her halt; nodding to you and giving you a soft "red empress" acknowledgment.

"i am in need of your assistance, phasma" you clasp your hands together- straightening your back with power.

"how may i assist you, empress?" phasma motions her hand- signaling for the troopers to exit; they obliged- and soon you are left in an empty room with phasma looming down at you through her helmet.

"i need to become better; better in tactical training and hand combat, will you train me?" you lift your chin to look up at her. although she was taller than you in stature, she never once thought of you as below her. phasma respected you thoroughly- never once questioned your power or your strength; and because of this, you knew phasma would be the perfect teacher to train you.

"i'm afraid i am unable to at this time, empress. but i do know of someone who can; and i promise you with my life, he is able to train you much better than i" phasma shakes her head lightly, dropping her blaster to her side. you look away; the feeling of embarrassment flooding your cheeks.

"oh, alright" you say, backing away from her and proceeding back to your quarters.

phasma calls you and you turn around to see her taking her helmet off- her blonde hair sticking to her cheeks from sweat.

"i promise i would never question your ability, empress. if you are to train, i will make sure you are done so by the best in the galaxy" phasma looks at you with such certainty that you believe every word she has spoken.

"thank you, phasma. i will take you up on your offer" you smile a sweet smile to her as she replaces her helmet back on her head; you both turn and depart from each other. excitement surges through you as you wonder what this person would teach you.

you make your way to the training center; pushing the heavy door open and tripping into the room. you catch yourself and straighten your back out as you take in the room around you.

the ceilings were high; long stretches of light beaming down from it. windows surround the outside, weapons lining every square inch of the walls that hold around you. you hold a look of astonishment; every weapon known in the galaxy is perched on the holders that attach to the steel walls of the room. you are accustomed to some of them; blasters, knives, throwing stars, even ray guns- but most of the thousands of killing machines adorned here are new to your eyes; making you smile with eagerness.

you grab a knife off the wall; the blade reflected off the light- no smudges prominent as you study it. you turn and face the target on the wall adjacent to you; you stand directly in front of it and take a few steps back away from it.

you throw the knife towards the target; landing on the outer edge of it. the knife shakes as it collides with the fabric- you let out a breath of air and hold an irritated feature on your face. you didn't think throwing a knife would be that hard, but you were surely mistaken.