A Date?

Once they made it into town, they decided that they may as well buy some drinks, so they walked into the closest coffee shop and got in line to wait. Just one spot in front of them in line stood Kassandra, not so subtly staring at the girl in line behind her. She looked familiar, but couldn't quite place where she had seen this beautiful girl before. Before she even knew it, she had turned around and begun talking. "Hey, I know that this is kind of out of nowhere, but you are really pretty and I was wondering if I could maybe pay for your drink or walk around with you or something?" Kassandra's face immediately flushed red from embarrassment. Kassandra panicked for a second before realizing that the girl was laughing. Why was she laughing? "Wow, that was very forward, and you don't look too bad yourself. The name's Delilah, by the way," she replied, flashing Kassandra a smile. Kassandra let out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding. "Cool, I'm Kassandra, but you can call me Kass!" Kassandra flashed a huge grin to the familiar girl before turning around to buy her drink, and then buying Delilah's too.
After their drinks were made, Amelia pulled Delilah aside and said, "I'm going to explore some of the shops. Let me know when you want to leave." And with a wink, Amelia walked out of the store, leaving her alone with Kassandra. Meanwhile, Kassandra was texting her cousin if she could meet up with him later, promising to explain later. With their drinks in hand, they walked over to a small table and sat down, facing each other.
They talked for an hour and a half about random subjects. Hobbies, family, favorite sports and friends. They learned that they both loved and played soccer and lived in the area. Unfortunately, not long after that, Delilah realized that her phone was vibrating like crazy. She picked it up to find twelve missed calls from her parents and three from Amelia. She promptly excused herself and called Amelia back. "Hey, what's going on?" she asked. "Your mom called saying that you need to get home immediately. She sounds really mad, Delilah," she said.