Home "Sweet" Home

Delilah returned home from her surprise date to find her parents waiting for her, both furious. "Where were you?" her mom asked. Delilah just gave an annoyed response, "I went into town." "With who?" her dad asked her, seemingly becoming more annoyed by the second. "No one. I just left." Delilah knew the second that her words left her mouth that she shouldn't have said them. "Why?" The air was filled with tension. She could feel the anger radiating off of her parents. She just stared at them, not able to say a word. "You know that you're supposed to stay here and keep him company. The poor kid got so scared when you disappeared," her mother said, clearly trying to guilt-trip her. "Well, maybe if he didn't act like such a pervert towards me, I wouldn't have run off," Delilah snapped back. She knew what was coming next. "Delilah, Chad's a good kid. He just doesn't know how to socialize very well, but I'm sure he's not trying to seem creepy." Her parents said that every time she mentioned his behavior. She was sick of this conversation. "Whatever you say," she retorted, anger lacing her words as she turned around and left for her room.
After returning home that evening, Kassandra went straight to her room. Her mind was flooded with thoughts of Delilah. The way that her hair framed her face perfectly. The way that her eyes sparkled like stars when she talked about her interests. The way she delicately held her drink, always holding it with a pinky raised. The way she absentmindedly tapped little rhythms out on the table as she talked. And of course, the fact that she played for the team that they were supposed to hate. Even so, she couldn't stop herself from wanting to be closer to her.
Seemingly out of nowhere, she heard a 'ding' from her phone. It startled her, bringing her out of her dazed, daydreaming state and back to the real world. Kassandra reached for her phone laying on the nightstand beside her bed. As she picked it up to see who was messaging her, her eyes went wide. "Why do you have to be a Montague?" was what the text from Delilah read.