Delilah's Goodbye

Delilah's parents didn't realize that Delilah had left until their son, Bellamy, bursted into the kitchen holding her note. Bellamy had tears in his eyes, his knuckles white from clenching the paper. His parents stood up and grabbed the note from Bellamy before setting it down on the table to read it together.
      "Hey guys. I know this is all very sudden, but I ran away. I've been unhappy living here for a while and decided to finally do something about it. I'm not alone, don't worry. The truth is, I ran away with my girlfriend, Kassandra Santos. She helped me realize that there is still hope for a better tomorrow. She truly makes me happy, in fact, I've never been happier. I know this is all sappy and cliché, but it's the truth. To Bel, thank you for everything. You are the best, most supportive big brother I could have ever asked for. I will always love you and cherish our moments together, and maybe one day we will meet again. Don't ever forget me, okay? To Mom and Dad, thank you for raising me. I know that coming out through this letter is not the most ideal way, but I was never sure how you would react. You always seemed to want me to grow up and find a nice guy and have a happy family, but I never wanted that. I was afraid that if I shattered that dream, that you would hate me. And I especially didn't want to marry Chad. I know that you never believed me, but he was always very creepy around me. I would never have found happiness with him in my life, so I'm sorry for ruining your dreams. I hope that you guys can still love me after everything. I love you all so much and will miss you all dearly. Best wishes, Delilah Redwood."
      The Redwoods were shocked. They were also hurt and confused. Their daughter wasn't happy living with them. More importantly, she was gone. They all just sat at the table, no one daring to break the silence. They were all grieving in their own ways. 
      Bellamy was crying, losing his sister was really hard for him. She was his best friend his entire life. He loved her so much and still does, but he felt hurt that she felt that she couldn't tell him everything. 
      Delilah's mother felt like she failed as a mother. She didn't listen to her when Delilah tried to talk and got angry when Delilah said something she didn't like. No wonder her daughter didn't trust her.
      Delilah's father didn't know how he felt. He was sad that she had left them, sad that she felt like she couldn't tell them anything. It was almost like he didn't even know her. But most of all, he was angry with himself that he was such a lousy father for her.
      The three of them sat at the table, broken and confused, before Bellamy stood up and said, "I love Delilah, and if I know my sister, I know that she wouldn't want us to sit here crying over her. She wants us to be happy and move on with our lives, just as she is. So I don't know about you, but I'm going to go hang out with my friends and have a great time knowing that my sister is happy." Bellamy then put on his shoes and walked out of the house without looking back.
      The Redwoods looked at each other before realizing that their son was right. They gave each other a soft smile before continuing with their breakfast. They wouldn't be alright for a while, but they wouldn't have to struggle alone. They would always be there for one another.
      Just like Delilah and Kassandra.

Authors Note:
And that's a wrap! I hope you all enjoyed the story because I know I enjoyed making it. And hey, who knows, maybe I'll write more things in the future. I have lots of ideas, but they're all very incomplete so we'll see where they go.
I wanted to thank all of the people who inspired me to try and write and the people who gave me courage to post it. I've never posted anything because I'm very self-conscious of my writing but they gave me confidence and for that, I am thankful.
And thank you all for taking the time to read this book! I hope you have a great day (or night because we all know that sleep is for the weak)!
Love you all <3