Kassandra's Goodbye

The next morning, both Delilah and Kassandra's parents noticed their daughter's absences.
Kassandra's parents went to check on her, realizing that she would normally be up by now. When they entered her room, the first thing they noticed was the mess. Kassandra's belongings were scattered all over her floor, as if a tornado had been through her room. They then realized that her bed was without Kassandra. All that was there was a note resting on the pillow. They picked it up and began to read.
"Dear Mom and Dad, I'm sure you're wondering where I am. The short answer is, I left. I love you both so much, but I can tell you don't love each other. You're not happy, but you both force yourselves to pretend like you are for my sake. But I'm not oblivious. I hear your fights, your accusations and your blame-games. I know none of this gives me an excuse for leaving, but I do have a reason. Delilah Rosewood. I really like her. And she likes me too. We made this decision together. I know it's sudden but we both will be happier this way. Please, don't try and come for me because I'm not going to change my mind. I love you both and I appreciate that you both tried to be happy for me all those years, but now you don't have to pretend anymore. I hope you live your lives happily, for your own sake. Forever your daughter, Kassandra."
By the time they finished the letter, they were both sitting on Kassandra's bed crying. They had truly raised an amazing daughter together, and they were proud of that, proud of Kassandra.
Mia Santos stood up, wiped her eyes and looked to her husband one final time. "Let's get a divorce," she said with a soft, happy smile. Cyrus Santos returned her smile and nodded his head, standing up with her to go sort out their lives.