Family Problems

When they made it home, Kassandra immediately locked herself up in her room. Her parents decided to let her be and only tried to talk to her twice that night. The first time was to tell her that she had dislocated Bellamy's shoulder. They didn't get a response. The second time was to tell her that Cullen's leg had a small fracture in it. This time they did get a response. A small, muffled sob. They both tried to get her to open the door, to let them in, but she ignored them. Eventually they gave up and went to bed.
Kassandra was about to go to sleep herself when she received a message from Delilah. It read, "Hey, how are you doing after today. I hope you know that I don't blame you. None of this was your fault. If you want to meet up, I'll be waiting at the fields." Kassandra replied with a simple "ok" and changed into clothes that weren't her soccer uniform. Kassandra really didn't want to leave the comfort of her own bed, but she felt like Delilah wanted to talk. She also found comfort in being around Delilah, so she figured that this could do them both some good.
Kassandra arrived at the fields around fifteen minutes later. She looked out into the fields and saw Delilah waiting, watching the stars with a somber expression. Kassandra slowly walked up to her and took the seat next to her. Neither of them said a word, they just sat in silence. Finally Delilah turned to Kassandra, tears blurring her vision. It was clear that something was bothering her, but before Kass could say anything, Delilah spoke. "Do you ever just wish you could leave? Like, run away?"
Kassandra was not expecting a question like that, but then again, she didn't really expect anything that took place in the last twelve hours to have happened. It was silent for a few moments before Kassandra found her words again. "Every now and then. My parents aren't terrible people. They're accepting and caring and all that, but they can be a little temperamental. They also fight a lot. It's really stressful. Sometimes I think that I'm the only thing holding them together." Delilah gave Kass a small, sad smile before she responded.
"I know how you feel. I love my parents and my brother has been there for me through thick and thin, but nobody is perfect. I'm not really out to my family, well, except for my brother because I know that he would support me no matter what, and he does. My parents don't though. I mean, maybe they do, I don't really know. I just know that they wouldn't be very pleased. They have always wanted me to grow up and marry their best friend's son and have a bunch of kids, but I don't want any of that. That son is a scumbag and a pervert, and I have told my parents that constantly, but they never listen. Instead, they decide to set us up on a date without my permission or consent and I-." Delilah couldn't say any more before she burst into tears. Kassandra just pulled her in and held her, letting the smaller girl fill her jacket with tears.
It was a while before anyone spoke again, but Delilah pulled away just enough to look Kassandra in the eyes and say, "Let's run away."