Chapter 1 - What's on your mind?

The Salvatore school was quiet. Painfully quiet. Somewhere between Lizzie's fake funeral and the quest for Josie's lost soul, everyone was just too tired for something as plain as classes. Alaric was in the cellar with Raf, trying to figure out why Landon hasn't wake up yet. Josie spent every moment since she got back locked in her room. Socialization wasn't something she was ready for right now. And then there was Hope. She hadn't wake up either and nobody knew why.

Lizzie walked in Ric's office and closed the door behind her. She made sure she was alone in the room before she pulled a book from the library, revealing the hidden armory along with the sleeping tribrid. Lizzie stood still for a second. The figure of her friend laying there unconscious in a pullout, not knowing when or whether she'll wake up was making her sick in the stomach. She shook her head to discard the thought and took a few steps to reach the side of the bed. She pulled a chair and sat next to Hope's expressionless face. She looks so peaceful.

"Enough with the drama, Hope. Devilish, twin murderous Josie is gone, I had my dream funeral and a much needed, outstanding comeback, everyone is safe. Well, I guess your hobbit isn't exactly safe right now but I'm sure he'll be fine. That boy comes back from the dead faster than Sara Lance. Okay, I may put up with you the last few weeks but if you tell MG I'm watching nerd shows, it's over."

Lizzie stared at her friend for a moment.

"Okay, now you're just pissing me off. WE GET IT, Hope, you saved the day, again." she frowned.

"C'mon just.. just wake up." she said, this time with a much lower voice almost as if she was begging.

Josie cleared her throat to make sure her sister was aware of her presence, she was too captivated by the sleeping tribrid to notice she was standing there for a while. Lizzie jumped to her feet like her twin just caught committing a crime.

"What are you doing here?" Lizzie sounded more guilty than she should be.

"I was looking for dad." claimed Josie.

"Yeah, me too." she lied to avoid any further questions. The brunette looked at Hope for a moment.

"She is going to be okay."

"Whatever." Lizzie shrugged crossing her arms like she couldn't care less for her friend's safety.

"She is." she repeated, ignoring her sister's efforts to seem cool about it. "She always finds a way."

"What if she won't this time?" Lizzie sounded more concern than she was going for.

She took a deep breath, and continued, her voice more stable this time.

"What if she needs our help to come back from where her mind's been trapped?"

"What do you mean? What can we do?"

"I don't know, she's the one coming up with plans. Maybe she's still in your subconscious. You said dark you, turned her into stone. Maybe that's how we save her."

Josie listened to her sister unsure. The events of the past few days were not yet washed away and she was terrified of hurting anyone she loves.

"Look, Lizzie, I want to help Hope as much as you do but I can't get involved with magic just yet. I need time to heal. I put my syphon powers into a coin until I'm ready to use them again."

"What about Hope? She's the reason you and I can talk right now without the fear of you tearing my throat." there was that desperation in the blonde's voice again.