Chapter 14 - Expiration date

The morning found the girls asleep in each other's arms. Lizzie was half awake when she felt Hope's hand slightly moving on her chest. She would wake every few hours during the night, just to check in on the tribrid -and because her hand would go numb- and then sleep again, once she made sure the girl was safe and sound, wrapped around her, refusing to let go. 

"Mmm.." Hope hummed and blinked a few times before she could orientate herself. She glanced up to see her friend still sleeping and returned to her chest, readjusting her head in Lizzie's arms and shutting her eyes again, this time with a grin on her lips.

"Good morning." Lizzie smirked slumberous rubbing her eye with her free hand.

"Hey." Hope returned soft without making any effort to move or open her eyes.

"How are you feeling?" asked the blonde.

"Amazing." Hope spilled casually but her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she realized she said that. "I mean, I'm not hurting anymore." she tried to fix it, pressing her eyes closed like she was waiting for a hit on the face, still frozen in place.

"Good."

"Sorry, I fell asleep last night.. I was so tired. What were we talking about? Oh, right, the monsters.." Hope returned to last night's conversation but the siphon subtly cut her off.

 "Do you want coffee? I'm gonna go make us some coffee." Lizzie shifted a bit to get up but Hope's hand was still around her.

"Coffee sounds good. But we could also stay right here." she suggested foxy, moving her head on Lizzie's abdomen, leaving small kisses across her stomach.

"Someone woke up in a good mood!" Lizzie chuckled, running her fingers through the girl's hair. "But we can't right now, I promised my dad I would fill out the hours for the classes I missed and Dorian expects me in the library. I can't cancel it, dad is already pissed at me for last night." she said leaving the tribrid alone on the bed and grabbed her clothes.

"Okay." Hope accepted disappointed but her eyes glowed observing the girl changing. "Although, you should really not do that in front of me if you're not planning on staying." she teased, struggling not to grab and throw her onto that bed, keeping her there all day.

"Hm.." Lizzie was ready to leave and Hope stood up to walk her to the door.

The siphon put her palm on the handle to open it but the tribrid's hand stopped her, resting above it. She waited for Hope to say something but she didn't, she just peered at her.

 "Mikaelson, if you want to get me into bed, at least take me on a date first, jeez!" she pretended to be offended and opened the door, pecking the girl on the cheek before she got lost in the hallway.

                *             *             *

Lizzie decided she should not, at any cost, return to her room, too afraid of what she'd see, so she headed to the kitchen instead.She grabbed a cup with the 'S' monogram on it and poured some coffee summarily. Just in time, her sister came in, blithesome walking towards the fridge, humming some melody without noticing the blonde in the corner of the counter.

"Why, morning, sister!" Lizzie spat out scaring the shit out of Josie, who slightly jumped before she turned around to face her twin.

"Lizzie! Hi!" Jo said uneasy.

"You seem like you had a good time!" she remarked half glad for her sister, half bitter that only her night got ruined by the monster.

"Uhh.. yeah, actually. It was.. amazing!" she unintentionally smiled in the last sentence, remembering the previous night. "Thank you again, by the way. Where did you spend the night to?"