Chapter 12 - Dangerous games

Lizzie hadn't slept that well in ages. Correction. Lizzie had never slept that well. Her skin was glowing, her wounds weren't hurting anymore and she was ready for the first period. Her excitement for education was reinforced by the fact that she would be there. She couldn't stop replaying the previous night in her head, craving for more of Hope's touch. Who knew? All this time they were fighting and hated each other, who knew her lips would be so soft against hers, and her tongue so amazingly smooth and unexpectedly skilled and.. Oh, God, was she blushing? Had just the thought of her made Lizzie blush? That's not good. Everything was still so new to the girl, yet so exciting and she couldn't wait to experience all of it.

The siphon entered the kitchen for a quick snack and -of course- coffee, before her first class. When she walked in, Josie, Jade, MG and Kaleb were talking and laughing over something the latter had said, while having some breakfast. Her footsteps caught everyone's attention and four pairs of eyes turned to stare at her heading to the coffee maker.

"Morning?" Lizzie said baffled that her presence caused such bemusement.

Her classmates waved hello to her without starting a conversation -they could tell she wasn't in a mood for chitchat and she hadn't even had a sip of coffee yet- and got back to their meal. Normally she would have loved the attention but right now she just wanted to-

"Hey." Lizzie tensed in the sound of Hope's voice entering the room and greeting everyone at the table before she noticed the familiar back in front of the coffee machine.

Everyone started talking to Hope, as she seemed more willing to communicate than the last person who walked in. She politely listened and even nodded now and then but her eyes were often sliding towards the girl standing alone a few meters away. Lizzie, on the other side, unapologetically outstared her, while enjoying her steaming beverage. Hope could feel her skin burn and her mouth dry under the blonde's eyes.

"Uh, excuse me, I'm gonna go make some coffee, be right back." she excused herself and headed to the machine.

 Lizzie was leaning on the counter, in front of the upper cupboard with the mugs, hands and legs crossed. Hope found the perfect pretext to get back at her for making her sweat in front of their friends. She casually walked up to her and stopped right before their hips could touch. She leered at her full of anticipation, slowly separating the girl's legs with her knee and when Lizzie gawked, she raised her hand and opened the cabinet next to the girl's ear, reaching for the furthest mug, just as an excuse to bring her face as close to hers as possible.

"I'm sorry, am I bothering you?" Hope had the nerve to ask, seeing Lizzie panting.

As the siphon opened her mouth to say something, Hope pulled back and walked to the cafetiere, pouring some fresh coffee as if nothing had happened.

Oh, is this how you wanna play? She looked at the tribrid bemused. That new side of Hope did things to Lizzie's body. She returned to the table and resumed her conversation with the rest of the squad but not before she gave the blonde a sensational look over her cup, as she took a big sip.

                      *             *             *

The class let out quickly. Most of it, Lizzie had spent gazing at Hope's beautiful back, sitting on the desk diagonally behind her. The shorter girl would scope the class every once in a while, just to check in on her and she would struggle to hide her smile every time she'd caught her staring.

"Miss Saltzman." Dorian requested as Lizzie was about to exit the room like the rest of the students.

"Yes?" she said returning to the front desk.