Chapter 6 - Landon who?

How did I not see this coming? Hope had rushed back to her room after the enlightening encounter she had with Lizzie the previous night. She had found an excuse and left the siphon alone, without any explanation for where she was going or why a random boy was the reason for Hope's hesitation. But it was impossible for her to begin to explain what the hell was happening, at least until she could think about it first. Hope hadn't slept at all that night. She kept wondering if she should come clean to everyone about who Landon was, so they could all remember him when he would come back, or keep quiet to spare them the pain, in case he wouldn't. How did everyone just forget something like this would happen? How did I forget?  She beat herself up. And then there was Lizzie. Did that happen? Did Lizzie Saltzman actually say she liked me? Maybe she was just hallucinating from the drugs. She decided, but a little voice inside her head was hoping that maybe, just maybe.. Lizzie's confession had less to do with the pills and more with the fact that she didn't remember Landon. That maybe these feelings were already there and, now that he was not an obstacle in Lizzie's conscious, she found the strength to verbalize them. What do I tell Lizzie? She's gonna want to know why I've been acting so weird. Hope sighed and got out of bed. She needed a shower.

            *      *      *

Lizzie had just woken up. She looked over for the alarm on the nightstand but instead, she saw the crumbs of the food she'd gobbled last night. Last night. Lizzie's memories of the previous night came back violently, forcing the siphon to face what she'd done.

"Oh, my God, I said I liked her." 

"What?" Josie scared her sister from the other bed.

"What?" Lizzie jumped.

"You said-"

"Nothing. I said nothing." Lizzie spat out and hurried to throw the pill bottle in the trash.

"What are you doing?" Josie asked concerned.

"I won't be needing them anymore. They make me act crazy." the blonde explained.

"How's your arm?"

"Fine." she returned but then she thought about it. She couldn't face the tribrid after what went down last night. "Actually, it hurts a little bit, I'm going to tell dad I'm skipping the classes for the day." Lizzie continued while getting dressed.

"Uh.. okay." agreed Josie, but before she could say anything else, her twin was out of the room.

           *        *        *

Alaric was at his office, doing some paperwork, when Lizzie barged in and stood in front of his desk.

"Daddy, I need a day-off from the school."

"Why, what happened?" Ric asked concerned.

"Nothing, I just need some time for my arm to heal." 

"I'll talk to the teacher and ask him to go easy on you today." Alaric offered.

"But dad-"

"Dr. Saltzman!" Hope entered the door in a rush, getting everyone's attention. "Uh, sorry, I thought you were alone." she stood still at the door and apologized, looking at the siphon.

"Well, he isn't, so, if you don't mind, we're in the middle of something." Lizzie spat out and turned back to her father.

"What is it, Hope?" Alaric asked, making the siphon roll her eyes.