Chapter 4 - Let's get down to business

Chad woke up in a wolf transition cell, his body was sour but not hurt. Three days had passed by, but they managed to find him. He grabbed his forehead and tried to recall how he got there, when a female voice scattered his thoughts.

"Rise and shine."

He got up and realized that Hope and Alaric were standing outside the dungeon this entire time, waiting for him to wake up. He panicked.

"What am I-" he tried to speak. "How did I-" he was so scared, no words could be properly formed in a full sentence.

"Slow down." said Alaric in a calm voice.

"I'm so sorry about what I did, I didn't have free will, I swear, I never meant to do any of this, please, don't hurt me!" Chad freaked out.

"Calm down, we are not gonna hurt you." confirmed Hope.

"You are not?" he said confused. "Then why am I here? Wait, how did you find me?"

"Just a locator sp-" Hope got interrupted by Alaric's cough, as a sign to shut up. "Not important."

"So, why am I here?" Chad got closer, a little less petrified this time.

Hope changed a look with her headmaster before she proceeded to explain. When she was done talking, the Necromancer's former subcommittee was even more terrified than before, when he thought he was about to get murdered.

"There's no way I'm going back there. Tedd- I mean the Necromancer, would kill me on the spot."

"He won't, we'll protect you." claimed Hope.

"No offense, but you haven't seen him since he possessed your friend's dark magic. He is ruthless. And unstoppable. Even for you." Chad explained, in an effort to change the girl's mind.

"What if we duplicate you and send the fake one? You'll be totally safe." she suggested.

"How is that even possible?"

"Leave the magic to me."

"No. When he figures out I helped you he's gonna come after me."

"Dr. Saltzman, could you give us a moment?" Hope turned to her headmaster.

"Hope-"

"Please." she said serious, with the kind of look you can't say no to.

Alaric finally decided to grant her request and leave them alone.

"Okay, look, you're going to do it, even if I need to have you compelled." Hope was done asking.

"Actually, I don't think this trick will work on me, you see technically, I'm dead."

"God, what do you want to do it?" Hope was losing her patience.

Chad gave some thought to it. After a minute or two, he finally spoke.

"A date."

"A what?" that was the last thing Hope was expecting to hear.

"You heard me." he shrugged.

"You do realize I'm trying to save my boyfriend, right?" Hope returned baffled.

"You're cute, Hope. But I wasn't talking about you. It's Lizzie I want to date." Chad smirked.

Hope's body tensed in the sound of her name. There's no way.