Consequences of a Slip-up

With a tired and lethargic mindset, Raven and Danielle drew up short. They had reached the detention room.

Raven turned to the female. She did not mirror Raven's tiredness. She wasn't enthusiastic either.

"Let's get this over with", Raven grabs a hold of the handle before entering with Danielle.

Here's to 3 hours of my day being wasted.

The teacher was already present in the room. She stood behind the desk, but in front of the board, palms planted on the glossy dark wooden desk, partially for support and partially for a welcoming vibe.

"Welcome to detention", she announced in a cheerful tone.

Raven made no effort to hide her annoyance. "Ugh", she groaned.

The teacher ignored Raven.

"Well, take a seat, you have 3 hours to spend here", she stated.

"Don't remind me", Raven muttered under her breath.

"Watch your tone Ms. Doragon", the teacher fired with a sharp eye. Her expression morphed into a vindictive smile, on spotting Danielle.

"So, you two are the only ones who have detention today"

"Might as well make it eventful for the two of you. You two don't seem like friends"

Eyes widened at the teacher, Raven looked at her in disbelief at the last sentence.

Not friends? The heck?!

Danielle chuckled. She turned to Raven. She's not that bad.

Danielle turns to see the teacher in front of her. Placing a blank sheet on her table with a miserable smile, "So", the teacher gazes at her,"you have a 250 word essay to write on why you shouldn't argue with your teacher",her words end, only to see the student's not-so subtle jaw drop and the teacher returns to her desk.

Danielle gives Raven an indignant look. She's the worst.

Raven's mouth almost spilled laughter.

Preparing for the worst,"Anything for me?", Raven's arm fathom, mimicking the sight of a person receiving something.

The teacher denies."Nope, nothing for you, you get to chill from being so worked up from Jungkook"

And with that, she was out of the room.

The duo exchanged a glance. She's weird.

"She knows both of us, just pretending like she doesn't. Her tongue slipped Jungkook's name"

"If she knows you and Jungkook hate each other, she definitely knows you and I are best friends"

"True dat"

Danielle found a pen from her bag and tossed it haphazardly on the table, landing perfectly on the center of the blank sheet. She uncaps it, her fingers clasping the body, about to write a word, when she tosses it again.

"Okay, I can't", Danielle leaned back in her seat.

"Thought so",

Raven lost herself in thought. She thought of the things that she could be doing at home, napping or binging a TV show.

She glanced at the clock. Only a minute had passed. Speaking of the clock, it evoked her of the psych class that she had today.

If I waited for 10 minutes, I wouldn't be here.

Being impatient for 10 minutes costed her 3 hours of detention. She wanted to slap herself, but she didn't.

Her glance reaches Danielle. She got a detention for me and then gets an essay to write. Raven chuckled at the thought.