Sleep

"Heyyy Raven", Zara's hand finds its way to my shoulder. I had been seated on a bench, focused on work. I look up.

"Hi"

"So, about the book review"

My attention spiked.

"Yeah", I breathe.

"Did you decide on anything?"

And this is where I reveal how disinterested I am. But, isn't it too early to start working on it? Before I could say a word,

"Because I can suggest a book", Zara claims.

"Which book?", Saying this sounded like a joke to myself, I never really read books that often. I ain't a bookworm.

"It's called Choker. It's by Elizabeth Woods"

Choker? The fashion accessory or someone choking someone?

"Which genre?"

Zara smiles in satisfaction. "It's a psychological thriller"

Yup. Someone choking someone.

"OOOO", I cooed, realizing that would be great. This was exciting.

"Have you read the book before?", Zara questions.

"No", I sigh, realizing how much of a burden I felt like I was, at that moment.

"It's okay if you haven't read the book. It's not necessary to have to choose a book that we have already read, but something tells me, Choker would be a great book for a review", Zara states convincingly.

I nod, with a smile.

"Bonus, I've already read the book, but I believe you should read the book too"

I swore to read the book a hundred times over, just because I wanted to contribute equally to the book review, instead of letting her do all the work.

I pack up my bag and rise up from the seat. Zara notices this and walks along with me.

"When did you read the book?"

"Very recently, like around a week or two ago?"

I look at her, my lips parting.

"Yeah, that's why the plot's still very fresh in my memory"

"Alright, do I buy the book?", I query. That's very stupid of you to ask.

"Umm, you don't have to, you can borrow mine. But, I didn't bring it to school today. I'll bring it tomorrow"

"Cool", I affirm, having a sense of some sort of productivity.

"This is my class", my thumb gestures sideways to the door as I reach in front of my class.

Her lips form an 'o' shape. "Okay. I'll see you later", she smiles.

I didn't see her for the whole day. Not that I was trying to avoid her or anything.

To be honest, I didn't see anyone until recess.

Reaching the cafeteria, I pick up an empty tray, grab some food and sit on an empty table. A little solitude would be perfect for today.

Two tables away from me, I notice the faces of the people sitting in the third table. Taehyung, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin. Jungkook cracks up a smile at his friends, mid-conversation. I immediately look down, not wanting to mirror his emotion. Then, there's my best friend.

Danielle, with a fry in her hand, close to her lips, spots my presence and when she does, she drops the fry back to the tray, rises up from the table in which she previously sat. Holding the tray in her two hands, she walks up to my table, ignoring the questions Jimin and Hoseok are shooting at her.