Deep Thoughts

Rhode Island Mansion
September 28, 2020
Early in the morning

Joe's P.O.V

It is our anniversary today. We've been together for 4 years. Gosh. 4 years with my girl and my love for her gets bigger and bigger every minute I spend with her. I love who I am with her and how I feel when I'm with her. I want to feel this way for the rest of my life. I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I'm gonna ask her tonight and I have something massive planned.

"Happy four years, babe", she says pulling me out of my thoughts.

I look to my right and see her lying on the side. I look into her beautiful eyes and she smiles. Seems like she just woke up. She looks so adorable with her messy hair.

"Happy anniversary, darling."

"You look so beautiful in the morning. I'm so lucky", I mumble.

I assume she heard me.

"I'm a mess."

"The mess that I wanted."

We both have to laugh a bit. She gives me the cutest look ever which make my heart skip a beat. I take her hand and give it a kiss.

"I can't believe that it has been four years already. It feels like yesterday that we've met. These four years have truly been the happiest of my life."

"Yeah?", I ask and smile.

She noods and smiles back at me.
I pull her closer and give her a kiss.

"Hey what were you thinking about earlier?", she asks.

I didn't notice that she had been up for this long. Feeling slightly caught I answer
"Uhm.... Just stuff you know." I hope she didn't notice the nervous note in my voice.

"Uhm.. Okay", she chuckles and smiles at me.

I know this kind of chuckle. She doesn't believe me which is fine cause I am pretty sure that she has no idea what I was actually thinking about. Looking in her adorable blue eyes one more time, I get up to get ready for the day.
_________________

Taylor's P.O.V

Today is our 4 year-anniversary. Four years with this guy and I couldn't be happier.

"Happy four years, babe", I say and smile at him.

Looks like I pulled him out of his deep thoughts. He looks right into my eyes which makes my heart melt.

"Happy Anniversary, darling."

His voice in the morning is the best thing in the world. He looks so attractive in the morning unlike me. I look like a mess. I hear him mumble something.

"You look so beautiful in the morning. I'm so lucky."

"I'm a mess", I answer. It's the truth. I am inside and out.

"The mess that I wanted", he says. He takes my hand and kisses it. We both have to laugh about the lyric reference he made. I am so in love with this man.

"I can't believe that it has been four years already. It feels like yesterday that we've met. These four years have truly been the happiest of my life."

"Yeah?", he asks.

Duh.

He smiles, I nood and smile back at him. He pulls me closer and gives me a kiss. Kisses in the morning are the best. I suddenly start to get curious what he was thinking about earlier.

"Hey what were you thinking of earlier?"

I notice that he feels caught. I see him getting nervous. What is he hiding?

"Uhm... Just stuff you know", I know that he's lying. I let him get away with it this time cause it's still early in the morning.

"Uhm...okay."

Him getting nervous is adorable so adorable that I have to chuckle and smile. He looks in my eyes one more time and gets up. While he is on the way to the bathroom, I get up to feed the cats.