Shiny Things

Tay's P.O.V

"Hey, could you get dressed for the evening?

"You wanna go out tonight? Cause I really don't feel like it today. There will be paparazzi everywhere", I reply. I hope he's not too disappointed in my answer.

"Babe, where not going anywhere."

You can see relief on my face, then confusion.

"What are we doing then?"

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise."

"What should I wear then?", I ask still confused.

"A dress maybe."

I'm confused but I don't ask any further questions.

"Hey, you are still meeting up with Abigail today, right?"

"Yes. She picks me up at around 10 Why?"

"Just asking. When will you be back?"

He's asking some really weird questions.

"I don't know around 6 I guess."

"Okay."

He rushes over and kisses my forehead.

"Where are you going?", I ask him as he was about to leave.

"Have to get some things done. See you later. I love you."

"Okay, bye. Love you too."

Not sure if he heard me cause he was gone really quickly. First he asks some damn weird confusing questions, then he just disappears. I feel like it has something to do with our anniversary. He always pulls of something special on this day but he never acts this weird.

I check my phone to see that it's already 9 am. I go upstairs to get ready before Abigail will arrive.

I turn up the volume and sing along to "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett. This song is my go-to get ready song since the reputation stadium tour.
______________

Joe's P.O.V

I drive to the Hotel where Andrea is staying to pick her up. We're going to get the ring today. A month ago I was already here with Andrea and Abigail to pick a ring because they are the two people who know Taylor best and know what she would like. We chose a very sparkly and shiny one with a small diamond on top. We all agreed that she will love it.

I call the owner of the jewelry store and say that we will arrive in about 3 minutes. We have to drive to the back of the store due to the paparazzi situation. One of the worst things that could happen is that the paparazzi choughts me on camera. Two reasons.
First of all I don't know if Taylor would want to keep the engagement private. Secondly it would ruin the surprise if I get chaught in a jewelry store. They would post the pictures online and it would be all over the internet and Taylor would see that.
The owner says we can meet up in his office so we don't even have to enter the actual store.

Andrea and I greet the owner.

"Ah, Mr Alwyn, Mrs Swift nice to see you again."

We sit down and he shows us the ring.

"Wow", Andrea says with tears in her eyes.

I pick the ring up to take a closer look.

"Fantastic work."

I turn to Andrea to give her the ring.

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"She would take a paper ring. But yes she'll love it."

I have to smile at Andrea's answer.
It gives me an idea.

"Hey, what do think if I would propose with a paper ring and give her this ring later?"

Andrea looks at me like I'm crazy.

"No, no seriously. Wouldn't that be funny?"

"Definitely. So you wanna do that?"

"Absolutely."

The jeweller looks at us with such confusion that Andrea and I both have to laugh.

We pay for the ring and they put it  into a beautiful box.

"Do you want a special message on the inside of the box?", the jeweller asks.

"Can you do 'I like shiny things but I'd marry you with paper rings'?"

"I'm right back."

Andreas is laughing so hard that I can't help but join her.

"She will freak out when she sees that.   This is very romantic but still kind of cheesy. But as we all know Taylor loves cheesy romantic stuff", Andrea says.

The jeweller hand us the little box and we leave the store.