Special Chapter || A Detective's Past

Warnings: Mentions of (a) suicide, verbal abuse

❀ ❀ ❀

Loud screaming echoed in the white, pristine room. A mother's cry rang through the ears of her husband's and nurses ears.

"You're doing amazing, honey! One more push, okay!?" The husband encourages his wife.

One last, painful push, followed by a bloodcurdling scream erupted. The whole room was dead silent.

And then crying filled the room. Sighs erupted from the nurses, and quickly rushed off with the baby to clean it up.

"Y..You did it! Good job, love!" The husband smiles joyfully, kissing the mother's sweaty forehead.

And that, was the birth of the first, and only child of the L/n family.

"Here's your baby, ma'am. Congratulations." A nurse handed the swaddled baby to the mother.

"..Oh, she's beautiful." The father coos.

"..Yeah."

"Why does she have H/C hair though? None of us have that.. Do your grandparents have that color?" The father asks.

"Yes... They both have it." The mother hesitates.

"Ah.. Well, I'm so happy right now. We finally have our own daughter!" The man laughed softly, tears pricking at the corner of his eyes.

The mother didn't say anything, staring at her newborn child.

❀ ❀ ❀

10 months old:

The baby cooed quietly, staring at the smile of her father. He stuck out his tongue, making the child laugh.

"Ugh. She's giving me a headache." The mother groans, rubbing her temples.

"What? She's just laughing! It's so sweet and cute." The father looks at his wife.

"I know, I know. But she's been making noises all the time. It gives me a headache after a while." The mother sighs.

"That's what babies do, M/n." The father looks back at his smiling daughter.

"Whatever.. Just don't make her laugh again." The mother mumbles.

The father stared at his wife in disbelief. He shook his head, smiling softly at his beautiful daughter.

"I love you so much, Y/n. My baby girl." He pinches her cheek softly.

He earned a giggle from her, and a groan from the mother.

❀ ❀ ❀

5 years old:

Children were heard laughing and talking inside the closed class room, and a family of three stood outside the door.

"Papa.. Mama.. I don't wanna go!"

"Y/n, honey, it's just school. You'll make lots of friends and—"

"Just go, Y/n. We don't have time for this." Her mother cuts off her father.

"Nobody is gonna like me! I'm scared!" The small child clung on to her fathers pants.

"Y/n.." Her father sighs, kneeling down to her.

"I promise you, that everyone will be friends with you. All you have to do is say "hi, my name is Y/n L/n.". Then they'll be friends with you."

"..B-But.." The H/C haired girl mumbles.