.6|| Ghostly Powers

A/N: So, this whole chapter is basically just plot development for Y/n and Todoroki.

Enjoy~

❀ ❀ ❀

"..That's a really pretty necklace."

Mumbling to yourself, you stared at the silver chained necklace with a F/C jewel on it. You were so mesmerized by it's beauty, you failed to notice someone was yelling at you.

"HEY! Can't you hear me!? Get away from my store, filthy hobo!"

Yelping, you finally turned your head to the voice.

It was an older man with a permanent scowl on his face. He had wrinkles on his forehead and eyes, and a fat belly. He stood in a condescending manner, fitting his tuxedo he had on. All in all, he looked like a very rich man.

"A-AH! I'm sorry, sir!" You correct your posture, becoming straight and stiff.

"You better be sorry, you dirty woman! Get away from my store, or I'll have to call the police on you for trespassing!" He threatens.

"But I wasn't-"

"I said go!" He points his finger away from the store, and you noticed it had a giant ring on it.

Swallowing thickly, you nodded and walked away. "Yes sir. I won't bother you again."

The man scoffs, watching as you walked away. "Stupid hobos, always dreaming that they can become successful when all they do is drink and take drugs.." He mutters under his breath, walking back inside his store.

Your head hung pretty low after that, and you felt slightly discouraged. "I'm not dirty.. I just have older clothes. I still take care of myself and wash my clothes."

You muttered to yourself, feeling dejected. You looked like this the whole time while you walked to your apartment.

❀ ❀ ❀

Grabbing your key from your pocket, you insert it in the key hole, turning the doorknob.

"You're back—"

You heard Todoroki's voice, but he paused. You shut the door, and then look at him with a forced smile.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks bluntly.

"H-Huh? What? Nothing's wrong!" You laughed, walking towards the couch.

"You can't exactly hide what your feeling from me." Todoroki flys towards you.

You didn't answer right away, sitting down and turning on the TV.

"I just told you, nothing's wrong. However, I didn't know you could care so much about me." You snicker.

"I don't. I just don't like that you complain when something's wrong. It's very annoying." Todoroki responds.

"Oh, shut up." You let out a forced laugh, leaning back on the couch.

"Tell me what's wrong." He stands in front of you.

"I can still see the TV." You state bluntly, referring to his see-through body.

"Tell me before I get mad." Todoroki threatens.

"That's probably not even possible, Mr. Pokerface." You snort.

Todoroki deadpans at you, not budging an inch.

Narrowing your eyes, you spoke. "..Even if I did have something wrong with me.. how would you know?" You question, raising an eyebrow.

Todoroki took a minute to answer you, seeming as though he was contemplating whether or not to reply. You stared at him, watching as his expressionless face contort into a slightly defeated one.