.9|| Even Heroes Must Cry

You were currently sleeping in your bed after a long night. Drool dripped onto your white pillow, and your eyes were slightly crusty.

While you were sleeping, you heard your alarm clock go off for a second. It stopped, so your eyes opened drowsily.

"..Mmm.." You mumble, trying to focus on what's in front of you.

"Wake up. You've got a long day ahead of you, don't you?"

Todoroki's voice rang through your ears. You groaned, gripping onto the bed sheets.

"Huh..? What.. time is it?" You mutter out, yawning as tears formed in the corner of your eyes.

"9:00 am. I plan on coming with you today, by the way." Todoroki states nonchalantly.

Peeking your head up from the bed, you looked at him sleepily. "Really? You wanna come with me? No bullshit?" You rubbed your eyes as you sat up.

"Really. Now, hurry up and get ready." He huffs impatiently, floating out of your room.

Blinking at his impatience, you simply shrugged and sat up from the bed, stretching. You yawned and crawled out of your bed, curling up your toes when they hit the carpet.

"..Someone is eager today."

You walked into your bathroom to shower, brushed your teeth, combed your hair, and tried drying it as best as you could with only a towel.

Walking out of the bathroom, you grabbed your clothes that were lying inside the drawers. You slipped on a white dress-shirt, long trench coat, socks, your F/C shoes, and put on a regular black tie.

You huffed out, and walked out of your room. Your eyes darted around the room, looking for Todoroki.

"Let's go, L/n."

You turned your head towards the familiar voice, and deadpanned. You motioned for him to come over to you.

"Aight, aight... Let's go."

❀ ❀ ❀

"So, what exactly should we do first? We can either look for 12th street, find out who wrote the note, or, we can go to the police station to question our suspect, Mr. Bakugou.

Todoroki thought for a moment, narrowing his eyes.

"The police station. If we find out whoever wrote the note, maybe Kiri— Um, Bakugou, has more information that we can use." Todoroki corrected himself.

"..Okay. But you will explain to me as to why you were so eager to help me with this case." You began walking towards the police station.

"I don't have to explain myself, L/n. I can do as I please—"

You cut him off with a groan, rolling your eyes. "Yeah, whatever. You act so entitled and it's honestly really annoying. Were you like this when you were alive?"

Todoroki paused for a second before answering. "No. I was someone who never spoke to others and didn't like anyone until I met a certain green haired male."

Green haired? You raised an eyebrow, curiosity bubbling up in your chest. "What was his name?"

"That knowledge is something you don't need to know. You won't know him, anyways." Todoroki states, sounding slightly annoyed.

Pouting slightly at his response, you furrowed your eyebrows. "Fine. Whatever. Be Mr. Mysterious."

Todoroki ignored your childish insult, and the two of you walked in silence the rest of the way towards the police station.