Chapter 8: Jealousy

Percy's POV
I didn't go out of my room for the rest of the weekend. I'm so heartbroken, and I don't know why. We weren't even dating. Hell, we barely know eachother. We're just science partners, and that's it.

Monday morning, it took a lot of convincing from my mom to go to school. I put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I hesitantly grabbed my backpack and walked out the door. I held my head down as I walked on the sidewalk. I stopped in my tracks when I saw her. Her hair was in her usual messy bun, but she had an oversized long-sleeved shirt that covered her shorts. Needless to say, it wasn't her usual school attire. I waited a few minutes before starting to walk again, so I wouldn't catch up to her. Anger and sadness flowded over me seeing her again, because of how much I wanted to be with her. I stopped walking again. I what? What is this girl doing to me?! I denied to myself over and over again. I can't believe I just thought that.

I walked through the doors of the school building. I kept my head low, and minded my business. That apparently keeps you from being bothered in highschool. I was already dreading science. Only second period, of course. I sighed and turned to my hallway. That's when I saw them. Luke and Annabeth were making out against a locker. My heart dropped. I put my hood up and walked passed them. I clenched my fists and rolled my eyes. It took all of me not to walk out of that school. The only reason I was going to stay is for my mom. If she found out I had skipped again, she would be heartbroken. I sighed and opened my locker. I knew it was going to be a long day.

Annabeth's POV
The dreaded second period rolled around, and I knew I wasn't the only one not looking forward to it. Sure, I felt a little bad about Saturday, but I didn't really care. It's not like we had anything there. I know he probably hates me now, but again, I don't care. I'm with Luke. I know you just keep saying I don't care, but do you really? Shut up subconscious. Maybe I do care. Maybe I'm really miss him. But he doesn't deserve me after talking to me like that.

I walked through the science classroom doors. I saw Percy with his hood up, staring at the desk. I bit my lip sympathetically and took my seat next to him. He instinctively turned his head the other way. I sighed heavily.

"Look, I get that you're mad at me." He didn't say anything.

"I'll just do the project by myself, but I'll need to stop by your house again next week to get the notes."

"Fine." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes and began to work. I'm used to doing projects by myself. It doesn't bother me.

What does bother me, thought, is not having a Percy to talk to.