Chapter 19: Where is She?

Percy's POV

I didn't see Annabeth for the rest of the day. I waited outside patiently for her after school, but after and hour, I decided to just leave. I didn't think much of it, just thought she was busy. I went home and tried to text and call her but she didn't respond. I was a little worried, but mostly upset that she didn't try and get a hold of me. I shrugged it off. But then the weekend passed, and I was starting to get really worried about her. She hasn't been in contact with anyone, and I started to internally freak out. I decided to go to the hangout spot with everyone to get my mind off of her. I rode my skateboard down the sidewalk all the way there. I pushed through the heavy green door and walked in. I saw that Piper and Hazel were in a deep conversation, and saw Jason, Leo and Frank sitting on the couch watching TV. I placed my skateboard up against the wall and walked over to the boys. I grabbed a soda and plopped down on the bean bag next to them.

"Wassup Perce?" Jason asked. I sighed.

"A lot. I'm losing my mind over Annabeth. She's never just...disappeared. Even when we weren't on speaking terms." I ran my hands through my hair.

"I wish I had something good to say, but it seems weird that she would dissolve into thin air without telling anyone." Frank said.

"I know I just met her a week ago, but she doesn't seem the kind of person to just disappear without a trace." Piper eavesdropped.

"I can second that." Hazel declared. I groaned, completley stressing out.

"Well you guys definatley aren't helping." I mumbled. Suddenly, the TV screen started to glitch and flicker.

"The hell..." Leo got up and examined it. It flashed and the screen changed. On the screen was now a girl with restraints on and four men standing beside her. Someone had hacked the TV. I got up and rushed closer to the screen.

"Holy shit...GUYS THAT'S FUCKING ANNABETH!" I screamed. Annabeth writhed and screamed through her rag. She was tied up to a pipe with rope around her ankles and wrists. I could barely makeout the cut and bruises on the screen, but the most horrific thing was her mouth. It was overflowing with blood. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"What?"

"Oh my god it is!" Everyone got up from their seats and crowded around the screen.

"The girl you see on the screen is Annabeth Chase-" A women's voice said. It seemed familar, the way she said Annabeth Chase...my heart dropped. "And she is being held for ransom, 850,000 dollars exactly. Get the money by tomorrow at 12 p.m. or she's dead."

"Annabeth!" I yelled at the screen.

"HELP! PERCY-" The screen went back to the regular programming, and we all stood there in shock, unable to say a word. I felt a tear roll down my face. Seeing Annabeth like that...so helpless...it really made my heart shatter. I knew she would probably hate people seeing her so weak.

"Oh my god..." Hazel said quietly.

"H-how are we going to get 850,000 dollars?" Leo gulped. One after another, tears fell down from my eyes. I couldn't help it. Why does everything have to be taken away from me? Jason started to pat my back, trying to comfort me.

"What are we going to do?" Piper choked. I took a deep breath and sat up. I can't just sit around and hope for the best. For now I would put my emotions to the side. I had an idea.

"I just got her, and I'm not going to lose her again, and that's for damn sure." I said confidently.

"What are you implying?" Frank asked.

"We're going on a quest; to save Annabeth without sparing a penny. And I know exactly where to start."