Chapter 16: It's About Time

Percy's POV
Over the past week, Annabeth got really close to my friends, and I joined the swim team. It's been a long time since I've felt this happy. It was like my two worlds were colliding, and now my life has never been better.

"Sorry, but I have to go. The librarian wants me to help her sort the books out." Annabeth said at lunch.

"Ok. But, uh, can I ask you something real quick?" I said kinda quietly so the other wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, sure." She leaned in closer.

"Could you uh, maybe come to my swim meet tonight? It's the first one of the season." I asked her nervously. Her eyes lit up.

"Of course! What time?." She smiled.

"Seven." I smiled back.

"See you then." She winked, picked up her stuff, and walked away. My eyes followed her out the door.

"You are in love, aren't you?" Piper asked. My face turned red.

"Wha-what? No-no I don't." I stuttered. Frank laughed.

"I see the way you look at her." Hazel raised an eyebrow.

"Dude, it's so obvious." Jason said. I opened my mouth to defend myself, but no words came out. I turned even more red. I sighed.

"Even if I did like her," Everyone groaned, "She wouldn't like me back." Hazel and Piper looked at each other with a smirk on their face. I hope it meant what I thought it meant.

"I would love it you guys could come tonight." I said trying to change the subject. Just then, the bell rang.

"I'll see you guys later." I got up from the table and went to class.

---------

Annabeth's POV
I stood on the bleachers and waited for Percy to come out of the locker room. Next to me were Piper and Hazel, whom I have grown very close to over the past week. Everyone at our lunch table came to support him. Suddenly, Percy walked out, and my jaw hit the floor. Holy. Shit. He was absolutely ripped. He had a toned six-pack, and big biceps. I turned a shade of pink looking at him. I saw him scan the crowd, and he finally layed eyes on me. Percy smiled and waved. I blushed and waved back. He took the stand with the other swimmers. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"You can stop staring now." Hazel leaned in. I elbowed her.

"Shut up." I said with my cheeks hot.

"If you won't take him, I will, 'cause DAM." Piper said. I turned around to yell at her, but she had a smirk on her face, like she was seeing if I would "claim" him. Nice try. I thought. You won't get me to admit it. I turned back around, and Piper and Hazel laughed.

"I'm just messing with you, babes. I would never take your mans." I turned and smiled at her.

"I know." I smiled.

"Besides, she too busy making out with Jason." Hazel remarked. Piper slapped Hazel's wrist.

"Uh, what?" Jason turned red and poked his head in. I had almost forgot that he and the rest were here.

"Nothing." Piper said quickly. A whistle blew, and the race was about to begin.

"Swimmers, on your mark, get set, go!" Percy dove into the water, and we cheered. It didn't take long for him to take the lead. He glided through the water so naturally, it was like he was in his element. He was almost a lap ahead of everyone else, and it was clear he was going to win.

"Damn, he's good." I stopped cheering for a second.

"He's nationally ranked. The guy's aquaman!" Leo yelled. I smiled. More like a Seaweed Brain. I thought.