Chapter 18: Does that answer your question?

Percy's POV

I suddenly woke up. I looked at my clock, and it read 6:14 a.m.. I was about to get up when I noticed something warm in front of me. I rubbed my eyes and saw Annabeth snuggled up on me. My heart fluttered. I started to recall last night; how we kissed in the rain, and ran from her parents back to my place. What a fairytale. Her pretty blonde hair sprawled all over the pillow, and she was wearing my favorite sweatshirt. I smiled. I snuggled into her and wrapped my arms around her. I can't believe she's mine. I dug my nose into her, and her hair smelled like lemons. I didn't want to get up, but we had to go to school. I gently shook her.

"Wise Girl." I whispered. Annabeth groaned and rolled over to me.

"Seaweed Brain?" She said with her eyes still closed. Her eyes finally fluttered open, revealing their stormy grey color.

"I don't wanna get up." She said grouchy. Annabeth placed her hand on my cheek and started to stroke it. My face turned red.

"I don't want to either." I said. She smiled.

"You sound really sexy when you first wake up. Your voice is like, really deep and groggy, and I am here for it." Annabeth said. I laughed.

"Are you always this loopy in the morning?" I said smiling. She gave a small "Hmmph." I laughed again. I leaned in and kissed her. Man, she is good at kissing. I pulled away.

"C'mon, let's go to school Wise Girl."

                                                                                                                      -----------

"So, are you guys gonna tell us what happened between you too?" Hazel crossed her arms. I slowed my chewing. We were having lunch, and they were all giving me and Annabeth looks, as if trying to figure out the situation. I sat my fork down and covered my mouth with my hand so others couldn't see what I was saying. I looked at Annabeth.

Did you tell them? I mouthed. She covered her mouth.

No, did you? She mouthed back. I turned my head no. She nodded and we turned our attention back to them.

"Tell you what?" I played it cool.

"I don't know, maybe why the sexual tension is so high and there is a lot more touching." Leo smirked. I tried not to turn red, but it didn't work.

"There it is." Piper said taking a drink. I turned back to Annabeth.

What's the gameplan?

I don't know! She mouthed back. I sighed and turned back to the group.

"I ran in the rain all the way to her house to confess my feelings for her, but before I could her parent's came out and started to yell at her so she grabbed my hand and we ran down the block getting completley soaked. I then told her in the middle of the street that I was crazy for her, then we kissed, and goddamn, it was the best kiss ever. We then went back to my place and before you ask (Piper) we didn't do anything sexual, she just stayed over to avoid going back to her evil step mother Helen." I said in one breath. The table went silent, and everyone (including Annabeth) stared at me with their mouths touching the floor.

"Does that answer your question?" I took a bite of my apple. They all burst out talking at the same time.

"I knew it!" Piper exclaimed.

"You could totally tell." Jason shrugged.

"Well I guess that's one way to tell them." Annabeth said smiling. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you were gonna be mad." She smiled.

"I guess there is no good way to tell them." She nodded in their direction.

"So what, are you guys a thing or something?" Frank spoke up. We looked at eachother and shrugged.

"I don't know." Annabeth said for me.

"I would just do it. I could see you guys being together forever." Leo said. I smiled at him. I cleared my throat.

"Annabeth Chase, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I asked formally.

"Of course, Seaweed Brain." She smiled. The table clapped and cheered for us.

"Perce-a-beth! Perce-a-beth!" They chanted. I raised an eyebrow.

"You already have a ship name?" I asked.

"Since the day you walked into the spot with her." Jason winked. Annabeth and I rolled our eyes. Suddenly, someone came up to Annabeth. But not just anyone, the one and only Drew.

"The hell do you want?" Annabeth whipped around. The whole table stopped what they were doing and looked over.

"Not right now you tyrant. Miss Monroe want you in the library." Annabeth furrowed her eyes together.

"First of all, why would she send you, of all people, to come and get me? Second, she never has me sort books on Fridays." She said. Drew gave her an annoyed look.

"Does it look like I know what's going on in the library?" She snapped.

"Don't answer that. Just go before I drag you by the bird's nest you call hair." Drew put her hands on her hips. Annabeth rolled her eyes and turned toward me.

"I have to go, obviously.I'll catch you later after school." She leaned in and kissed me on the cheek before walking away to the library.

"Oooh." Everyone rang.

"I hate you guys." I said blushing.

-                                                                                                                       --------
Annabeth's POV

I walked into the library. It was empty, as always. I sat my books down and looked for the librarian.

"Hello? Miss Monroe?" I hollered out. No response. I shrugged my shoulder and grabbed a book from the cart. I walked onto one of the aisles of which the bookshelves almost went to the ceiling.

SMACK. Someone had whacked me with a hard cover book in the back of the head with just enough force to knock me over. I fell to the ground, dropping the book in my hand. The world started to fade in and out, and purple dots danced around my vision. Suddenly, I saw Helen stand over me.

"Oh, Annabeth. Do you really think I'd let you get away with sleeping over at a boy's house? I don't think so." Anger grew inside me, but I couldn't do anything. I finally let my body take over, and my vision turned black.