thirty.

30

FALLING

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Gally opened the hatch to the sewers with help from Rosa's younger brother Nick, the two shared a quick glance before Nick pulled him into a small hug that almost surprised Rosa. She decided against saying anything. Her brother signed a quick, 'stay safe' and stepped back.

"Gally, take care of these three," Frypan motioned his head to Thomas, Rosa and Newt as he began to climb down the ladder and into the sewers.

Rosa caught the sight of Marie saying goodbye to Newt in the corner of her eye, she smiled once Marie pressed her lips to Newt's cheek with a grin and left him a blushing mess. He smiled before saying farewell once more to stand by the others, though his smirk was still present.

"Yeah," he replied and jumped down into the darkness.

Thomas jumped down with Newt whilst Rosa stayed behind for a few seconds to say goodbye to her brother for the time being. She wrapped her arms around him and felt his around her, they were quick to pull apart before she started to sign, 'I just got you back and now I am leaving, worst sister ever.'

Nick only laughed, 'Hurry up and come back, we have five years to catch up on.'

Rosa smiled at him and followed the others down the ladder where the stench instantly hit her nose. She pinched her nose shut with one hand and held the torch in the other as they started to walk in silence through the tunnels, soon to be broken by Newt.

"Ew, this is gross," he muttered, "Jesus."

"Yeah, this is great."

Gally ignored their childish behaviour and turned on the lights that were strung all along the tunnel walls silently and continued to carry on walking, "Stay with me, we've got a way to go."

They continued the rest of their journey in silence. Rosa walking as far away from Gally as possible, using Thomas and Newt as a wall so that she didn't even have to see him.

The four Gladers stepped out into the streets within the city, trying to act casual in the crowds and soon finding themselves in the empty streets. Towering over them were the same buildings that they had spotted from the hillside earlier, but at night the blue lights illuminated the city entirely. Beside them a train wooshed past, but this one was much more futuristic than the one they had rescued Sonya and Aris from.

"This is a long way from the Glade," Newt remarked, earning a nudge from Rosa and a glare.

"Careful, I helped build that place," she smiled.

A female voice echoes through almost every speaker in the city, '15 minutes until mandatory curfew. Please head home in an orderly fashion. Remember, this is for your safety.'

"We should get off the streets," Rosa took the words from Gally's mouth which made her feel uncomfortable with his eyes on her, she still hadn't forgiven him for what he had done despite that he had been stung. She had watched him shoot and kill Chuck and she would see it every night in her dreams, Thomas knew that all too well when he would have to wake her up. But his actions began before he was stung. He was willing to sacrifice Thomas, Teresa and Rosa, along with anyone that sided with them, to the Grievers. He did not have his sting as an excuse for that.

"I know it's hard, but act as if you've seen it all before," Gally pulled his hood over his head and started to walk though the three Glader's all shared the same look of disbelief.