thirty five.

35

ROOFTOP KISSES

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Rosa had finally managed to open her eyes, feeling her mind slip in and out of consciousness with ease. When she had eventually awoken for good, she found her arms, torso and legs tied down to a hospital bed with no one in sight. 

The girl pulled on her ties before noticing something in her hands, Teresa's hairpin. She would have grinned if she wasn't so weak. She blinked slowly and started to pick the locks with the pin before undoing all of her restraints. Once she was finally to her feet she let her eyes scan the room, overwhelmed by the stench of bleach and chemicals filling her nose.

Beside the bed, she found a tray filled with bloodied glass shards that had been removed from her abdomen. Then she remembered it all, escaping WICKED with Minho, Newt deteriorating, his death, her wounds. Rosa finally checked the injuries on her stomach, finding a line of stitches. She used the closest shiny object to check her neck, also finding a few stitches keeping the damage together to stop her from bleeding out, but it was still bruised and thumping with pain, despite whatever medication they had pumped through her veins, they must have done something considering as she had a cannula left in her arm. She pulled it out and dropped it on the floor.

"Thomas?" she breathed out before stepping from behind a hospital curtain that gave the bed some privacy. She found a large window, looking into a similar room yet that one held Janson, Thomas and Teresa. She was just in time to see the older man throw Teresa across a table, glass bottles smashing around her and blood dripping down his grey hair.

Rosa's eyes went wide, instantly running to the door but finding it locked. She cursed out loud and chose the closest heavy object, throwing it through the window to watch it smash into shards over Janson, possibly ripping a stitch under her shirt in the process.

The girl jumped through the smashed window to attack the man, trying to pull him off Teresa, his hands gripping her hair frantically. Yet she was too late, the man smashed Teresa's head onto the table and rendered her unconscious, a vial rolling from her hands. Rosa and Janson shared a quick look before both of them raced for the blue liquid that she knew to be the cure, "Don't touch me, shank!" she yelled just as his hands gripped her wrist, trying to pull her back.

But it didn't work, Rosa ran over the shards of glass and got to the cure first, beating Janson who tried to lunge at her, instead Thomas tackled him through the glass windows to protect her. The two boys soon breaking out in a fistfight, hitting each other harder each time in order to win.

The grey-haired man kicked Thomas in the stomach, knocking him down and reaching behind him to pull a gun from his belt, aiming at the boy on the floor. Just as he was about to shoot, artillery struck the building and shook it roughly, knocking everyone to the ground, including the two girls.

"I've got it!" Rosa shouted, waving the blue cure in her hands to her boyfriend who offered his hand out to her. She took it with Teresa behind them, running from the man who held the gun at them.

Janson soon started firing, bullets aiming for Rosa who held the vial but that wasn't the case, "Rosa!" Thomas shouted, pulling the girl to the side, shielding her with his body.

Thomas pulled the two girls into a dimly lit room, blue emergency lights flashing every so often to show several Cranks behind glass and even more scientific equipment. "We need to get out of here," Teresa informed them, turning in the room to look for exits as Rosa stared at her boyfriend, his hand covering his stomach, blood dripping through his bloodied fingers.