11

Ethan rejoined Grayson and Cassidy who, for whatever reason, stopped talking as soon as they saw him approach. Grayson cleared his throat.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Wanna order some grub?"

"Nah thanks... I already ate." He picked up his beer and took a swig to conceal the guilty smirk from his face. A few seconds later and a blur of brunette hair went past him to grab Cassidy's arm.

"It's time to leave."

"It is?" Confused, Cassidy looked to Grayson who merely shrugged his shoulders and turned to Ethan for an answer but he still had his beer up to his lips.

"Yes," she said as politely as possible while giving Grayson a quick smile and a half laugh. "It really is."

Cassidy barely had time to set her drink down before she was dragged off while attempting to say 'goodbye'.

"Huh. Wonder what's eating her..." Grayson addressed Ethan. He knew something was up.

Ethan shook his head in response but couldn't keep from chuckling at his friend's unintended pun.

"Did you say something to upset her?" he asked accusingly. "Cuz I know you followed her." Somehow, he knew it had to be Ethan's doing. He'd have to get to the bottom of things before night's end, seeing that his and Cassidy's plan went haywire.

"She'll get over it."

Grayson gave him a pointed look.

"Look. I didn't say anything to her that she doesn't already know. Plus," he took out his dog tags and waved them proudly at Grayson to show he was no longer wearing Emma's.

"Way to go, buddy." Grayson slapped him on the back. "Must have left her pretty flustered to run off like that, eh?"

He smirked. "Let's just say... I got my licks in."

They stayed about an hour longer and as expected, Grayson began asking questions concerning Emma. When he didn't offer any details on the exchange for the dog tags, Grayson, of course, offered up his own philosophical point of view on things. It was a pleasant conversation to be sure, but one that unfortunately had its own set of enlightenments to certain facts that would leave him with many, many things to think seriously on.

oOo oOo oOo

Ethan tossed and turned in bed for half the night, heavily contemplating his conversation with Grayson.

Naturally his friend had asked if his intentions were indeed to pursue a relationship with Emma to which his answer was a solid yes. Though scared shitless, he felt ready to try his hand at love again and it was all because of and only with her. However, when asked exactly how he planned on winning the tiny brunette's affection, Ethan was at a complete loss because, "whatever it is you're doing now sure ain't working."

She practically ran out of the club after coming back from the bathroom and he couldn't help but wonder if he'd possibly made a huge mistake by employing his latest plan?

"She's a completely different creature from anyone you've ever been with."

He didn't have any one particular 'type' of woman he went for, but she most certainly was different. Tenacious, bold, clever, independent, passionate... If her good looks weren't enough to make the average man nervous about approaching her, her character qualities were definitely intimidating. Not to him though. They were the very reasons why he admired her, wanted her. She was a magnificent blend of sensuality and smarts wrapped up in this gorgeous package of golden skin and chestnut hair. She was one in a million.