14

"Wanna be my battle buddy?"

At first she was nervous, but seeing Ethan's reaction lent her the courage needed. Sitting up with his legs spread wide, covering his mid-section with a pillow, jaw dropped open in cartoon fashion suggested that although it was a shock, it wasn't unwelcome.

He watched her walk slowly towards him but he still couldn't speak. As she stood smiling before him, she reached a finger out to place under his chin and pushed his mouth shut.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He nodded dumbly. "What are you hiding?" She took the pillow away from him. Wow, he looked massive beneath the polyester material of his track pants. She'd noted earlier they were the kind that had snaps lining both sides that ran the entire length, making it possible to undress him without ever having to pull them down. "Is that for me?" she asked suggestively.

She pointed at his erection, a teasing smile on her face and again he nodded dumbly. He hadn't expected this to happen until, well, he didn't know when he'd expected her to wear the pink shirt, but it certainly wasn't tonight.

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" She watched his adam's apple bob in his throat as he swallowed hard.

"Emma... you sure about this cuz..." God he hoped so but he didn't want her to do this if she was feeling any type of pressure from him. That might lead to resentment and he wouldn't allow that.

"Would I be standing here like this if I wasn't?" Now she began to second guess her decision. "Do you... did you not want to?" The way he smiled told her he did, flooding her system with relief.

"You know damn well I do, but if you're doing this cuz you feel you have to then I'd rather wait." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Can't it just be because I want you?"

"Of course," his voice squeaked and he cleared his throat. "I just... fuck, Emma! I hope this isn't another one of your jokes, cuz I don't think I could handle it." He had to be sure because it was unbelievable to him that she... what's she doing? What the hell is she doing? He tried backing away from her with little success.

She giggled and straddled his lap, taking his hands and placing them on her hips where the T-shirt had ridden up. "I may tease you a lot but I can assure you... this isn't one of those times." She leaned in to kiss him lightly on the lips then whispered when she pulled back, "Take me to bed."

His hands instantly tightened on her hips, pulling her forward so that her center rubbed up against his aching cock.

Gasping at his actions, she felt her need for him resurface to pool in her underwear. He gazed deep into her eyes, his own passion staring back at her through hooded lids, chocolate depths turning a darker shade, nearly black as his arms twined around her back, pulling her in for a heated kiss that threatened to make her cum right there.

Abruptly he pulled away and leaned his head against the couch, shaking it back and forth with his eyes closed, saying 'no' over and over.

"What's wrong?" Had he changed his mind?

He sighed then looked at her. "I don't have any protection. The last box I had I threw out because they were too old and I wasn't planning to be with anyone."

She didn't have any right to be pleased at this tidbit of information, but she was. Jealousy over even thinking about him being with another woman was something she couldn't help but feel... he was hers now. Suddenly, she remembered the condom Cassidy put in her purse. This was going to be embarrassing for her to tell him, but damned if she planned on stopping now.

"Uhmm... I have one. I-it's in my purse. Cassidy-put-it-there-Friday-night," she blurted out.

Her blush was adorable. "That's great, but we're gonna need more than one." He chuckled when she looked surprised. "Besides," he purred. "Once I get you in my bed, you're not going anywhere for quite a while." She swatted his chest.