7: Liking

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I sit on my couch in the living room, scrolling through various channels. Ever since this afternoon, it's odd to say that I've been thinking about Sunny.

I wonder if she actually went drinking with her friend, and I wonder if she actually did get drunk.

"Why should it matter to me?" I ask myself as I shrug my shoulders. "I shouldn't care about her. She can go get drunk and pass out all she wants."

But what if something bad happens while she's drunk? What if someone tries to kidnap her or feel her up or worse?

Me and my thoughts fight, and I'm interrupted when my phone begins buzzing. It's rare that I get calls, and if I do it's from my mother or Secretary Kim.

The caller ID pops up, and I nearly jump out of my seat.

"Hello? Sunny?" I answer, being shocked that she'd decide to call.

We exchanged phone numbers a while back, just in case something happened with my mother or the fake dating secret.

It's not her familiar voice that rings on the on the speaker, though. It's a man's voice, and if I had to guess, I'd say it was her friend. He's frantically yelling into the phone, and when his words finally process, I leap onto my feet.

"She what?!" I panic, urgently sliding on sneakers before I bolt out my front door, headed to the bar.

Thankfully it's close, so I don't have far to go. When I get there, however, I'm not seeing what her friend described. There's no one outside rushing, and the streets are still empty.

I open the bar door and walk inside, and the first table that comes into my view, I march over to it.

Her red headed friend looks up at me and smiles, and I look at Sunny laying her head down on the table. My breathing is hard, and I relax more when I see she's safe.

"Woah, I'm surprised you came!" He chuckles, drinking a bottle of beer.

"You told me that she got hit by a car and that she was bleeding to death!" I snap at her friend, sending him a glare.

"Oh? I did?" He grins. "Well, she'll feel like she got hit by a car when she wakes up!"

"Excuse me, Sir-"

"Hoseok. My names Jung Hoseok." He interrupts me, and I clench my jaw.

"Hoseok. Why did you even call me out here, then?" I ask. "Sunny is fine."

"Ah," He nods, standing from his seat. "I need you to take her back home to her apartment. I'm going back to my place."

"Take her home? Do I look like a taxi?" My eyes grow wide at the snarky red-head.

"You look like someone who doesn't want to see their fake girlfriend get picked up and raped tonight." His voice is suddenly darker, and I can't fight back. "Her door passcode is 1101, and she sleeps on the couch."

Before I can stop him, he's left, leaving me with a drunk girl. Since I don't have a car, or even my wallet on me, I do the next best thing.

I give her a piggyback ride.

Her arms are wrapped around my neck, and every couple of seconds, she'll constrict her arms, making me almost choke to death. She's not as heavy as I thought she would be, but the set of stairs to her apartment are a hassle to climb.

I'm relived when I finally reach the top, and I type in her door password. I couldn't possibly count the number of art supplies and canvases in the living room alone.

I lay her on the couch, stretching out my back and glancing around.

"She wasn't joking when she said she painted." I eye a stack of painted canvases in the floor.

My gaze goes back to her, and I can't help but to stare. Acne scars, freckles, and frizzy hair. Her mouth is slightly parted, and her cheeks are flushed red.

"Pretty." I whisper, not being able to stop myself. "She's pretty."

My body moves on its own, and I kneel beside her. My hand brushes back a piece of her hair behind her ear, and I see her nose sniff.

I nearly yelp in shock when she latches onto my wrist, pulling the top of my hand up to her nose. She sniffs the area, and I feel my own face begin to get pink.

She suddenly shows a small smile, holding my wrist tighter.

"S... smells nice..." She mumbles. "Like....like Jungkook..."

My face gets hotter by the second, and I can feel my heart pick up its pace.

I- I smell good to her? She thinks I smell nice?

Along with my now racing heart, my eyes drift down to look at her lips once more. A different feeling washes over me, and for a second, I wonder what they would feel like brushed against my own.

I take my free hand and cover my mouth, feeling shocked at my own thoughts.

What did I just think?! Did I just want to kiss her?!

I look back at her once more.

Oh no.... I want to... I want to kiss her!

I take my hand from her grasp and stand, running my hands through my hair.

"Okay, calm down Jungkook." I clutch my chest. "You're just tired, that's all. You've had a rough week. Besides, you've already- I mean she's already kissed you and you didn't like it, so-"

But that kiss didn't count.

I lightly slap my cheeks, clearing my thoughts. I glance down to look at her again, before I run my hands through my hair even more.

What's wrong with me? I can't possibly...

My thumping heart and hot face tell me that my suspicions are true.

"I like her." I lean my shoulder against the wall, catching my thoughts. "I like her. The one girl that hates me... I like her. The girl that called me a bastard, I like her."

Feeling nervous as if I was trespassing too long, I take the blanket on the back of the couch and lay it on her. Giving her a final look, I walk out of her apartment.

Why her? Out of all the blind dates I've had with models and businesswomen... why is it her? The person I hit with my car, and the person who annoyed me so much?

I'm so caught up in my thoughts that I don't notice I'm missing the last step of the metal stairs. Tumbling down, I land on my wrist, and something immediately feels wrong.

(A/N)

That's chapter six everyone! Don't forget to Vote and comment! Thank you and I love you!

-Hannah